Chapter 70

Tobias POV
I wake up the next morning with tris snuggled up to me, I smile looking down and I notice how beautiful her tattoos are on her bare skin. She starts to stir and soon opens her eyes. "Morning beautiful." I say and she blushes. "Shh! If we don't acknowledge it, maybe it'll go away." She says and I laugh. I kiss her forehead and sit up to try and find my boxers. I look over once I slip them on and tris had already slipped her undergarments back on and her dress and heels were in her arms.

"Let's go get ready." I say and she nods. We walk back and I shower while she picks clothes out for today. "You can go shower now." I say walking out with a towel around my waist. "Thanks." She says and goes to shower. I change into black jeans, a black t-shirt and my jacket. I'm strapping my combat boots on when Zeke comes over to me. "Hey!" I say. "How'd your date go?" I ask. He shrugs. "I'm not sure it'll work out." He says. "Not much in common?? Except for the hobby of sticking your tongues down each others throats?" I ask joking. "Very funny. Where did you and tris go?" He asks. I try to keep from blushing but I'm sure my face is bright pink now.

"We were tired so we headed back." I say. He must be very tired or just out of it because I didn't even believe that lie. Tris comes over to me and zeke dressed for the day, black leggings and a purple tank top. "How was your time with Maria?" She asks him while sitting on my lap. "Alright." He says. She nods and he gets up when he sees Shauna walk in. "Should we go get breakfast?" I ask and tris nods standing as well. We link hands and walk to the dinning hall.

---Time Lapse---
I had to face tris dying today, and it wasn't any easier. It seemed as if I were bolted in place, I was unable to move as she screamed out in pain. Blood trickling everywhere and a sharp knife impailing her. Suddenly the door creaks open and tris steps out. She was the last today where as I was second. We all get out of the silver metal chairs knowing we can leave.

I notice her pace slowed and she was trailing behind. I slow and walk up to her. "Hey. You okay?" I ask. She just shrugs. "What happened?" I ask and she just shakes her head. I take her hand and start dragging her to the chasm. We sit by our usual rocks and tris just stares at her fingers. "My fear changed." She says. "What?" "My fear changed. Right in front of me, Amar even noticed." She says. I'm not quite sure what to say it how to react. "It was my seventh one. You know.." She says and I nod knowing she's talking about her intimacy fear. "I must've gotten over that because it's not there any more. Now it's you." She says and I'm a bit scared. Is she scared of me??

"I loose you." She says. "This time around it was you dying right there in my arms. But I can also see that if I go through that fear again, it might be you dying in a different way or even you leaving me for someone else." She says. "Look tris. I'm not leaving you for someone else, I never will. There's not one girl id rather be with. I love you and that's the bottom line." I say and she smiles. I peck her lips.

"I had the same fear today. Watching you die." I say not looking at her but the rock straight ahead of me. "Tobias." She whispers stroking my arm. "Its fine. I just can't cope with hearing you in pain, much less seeing you in pain." I say and she kisses my cheek. Instantly warmth floods there. "I love you tobias." She says leaning her head on my shoulder. "I love you too tris."