Chapter 55

Tobias POV
As my eyes open and adjust I see that I am on top of a building and the pavement looks like 7 stories down. I can feel my heart pumping faster and faster, I realize my only option. Jump. I close my eyes and scream into my teeth and then I allow the wind that is swirling around me to push me to the ground, it hit the pavement with searing pain. It only last a couple seconds surprisingly.

I stand up when something hits my back, then my left side, and my right. And they hit hard! I see I'm enclosed in a box that is small but able to hold my body. I begin to panic as I realize I can't breathe, I'm being squeezed harder and tighter. I can't breathe. I want to cry, so badly but it would be embarrassing for Amar to see me cry. If tris were running it tears would be streaming down my face but she not. This box reminds me of my childhood, the closet I sat in for punishment. I need to find some type of tool to escape this death trap, my fingers find a crowbar and I start wedging it between the boards. Soon they all fall apart and a girl stands before me. Tris.

"Tris!" I call out yet i revive no answer. I hear a gun shot and I drop to the ground covering my head, once it's gone I stand back up. Tris is still there but now there's a crimson color staining her shirt. It's spreading from her stomach, I walk over but I can't seem to get close enough to her. "Tobias!" She screams. I want to yell back to her, to hold her in my arms and tell her it's all right. "Tob... Ias.." She stammers and blood trickles faster. She drops to the ground and now I'm able to move close to her. I hold her face in my hands and her eyes look into mine. "It's... Not..real." She says and then she's gone.

The room changes and I now what's coming. His shoes appear first, then the rest of him. "This is for your own good tobias." He says. Those words I've heard my whole life. Those eyes that are as black as pits I've seen my whole life. A pain rushes through me as I drop to the ground. I scream but the pain continues. He yells at me for being a liar, for self indulging, for being an embarrassment, an awful excuse for a son. I try to focus my thoughts on something besides the never ending pain, I choose the sculpture my mother gave me. And soon the voices disappear and Amar comes into view.

He pulls me up and stares at me. "That all stiff?" He asks and I shrug. I'm still in shock of what just happened. "No wonder they call you four." He says and smiles a bit. "Let's go." He says and I rejoin everyone back out in that small room.