Chapter 34

Tobias POV (time lapse to next day)
There's only an hour left till the choosing ceremony, I'm nervous yet excited. I promised beatrice I'd meet up with her before the ceremony, so I make my way to our alley.

"Hey." I say and tris jumps into my arms. "Hey!" She says with a smile plastered on her face. "You ready for today?" I ask and she shrugs. "What are you going to choose?" I ask and she looks at me with a confused look. "I thought we'd choose together." She says and I grin. "Okay.. What should we choose??" She smiles back. "Neither one of us want to stay here, you didn't get erudite, but we got dauntless." She states and I nod. "Dauntless it is!" She kisses me and I kiss back. "I'll have to choose before you since my name is before yours. But I will see you at the end okay?" I tell her. She nods. "I love you tris." "I love you too tobias!" We kiss again and then we go our separate ways.

I take a seat along side my father once we get to the ceremony. All the colors of the factions fill the room. Chatter and yells fill the room as well. I take a deep breathe preparing myself for what's ahead. I see tris out of the corner of my eye and she waves a small wave. I smile back but turn around quickly so Marcus doesn't see. He gets up on stage and soon begins to talk, yet I don't listen to anything he's saying really. He calls the first person up, I watch as the slice their hand with the knife. And then as they drop their blood over the faction they choose.

"Tobias Eaton." My name is called and all eyes watch me as I make my way up. I take the knife and cut, then I look at Marcus for a split second. In my look I'm able to tell him, "I'm free." And I drop my Crimson blood into the sizzling coals. "Dauntless!" Marcus calls and though his voice is disguised I can tells her is angry. Good.

"Beatrice Prior." She is one of the last people called, as she makes her way up I never take my eyes off her. "Dauntless!" Marcus calls and beatrice comes to join me. I lace my fingers in hers and smile. Everyone files out and I'm still holding her hand. "Their disappointment." She says and I lift her chin. "Tris.. They love you and whether they support your choice or not that doesn't change." I say and she pecks my lips. We take off into a sprint and John the other dauntless. We jump into the train and out of breathe sit down. I see tris talking to some candor girl. "Hey." A boy says to me. "Hi." I say still out of breathe. "Don't see a lot of abnegation transfers to dauntless." He says and I nod. "I'm Zeke!" He says and I introduce myself. "Cool. Nice to meet you tobias!" Zeke says with a smile, I can already tell we'll be decent friends.

"We have to jump." Tris whispers in my ear. I nod and take her hand. Then we jump of the moving train.