Chapter 52

Tobias POV
Today is the final day of stage 1 and I'm hoping both me and tris will make it to the next stage.

Yesterday I went to help Shauna, I gave her some pointers and help with her technique. She was very great-full and she actually won! I was happy when tris spoke to me the night before about how she was feeling and that she liked seeing me happy. I'm happy here, I still carry baggage from Abnegation and my past yet I've let some go.

"Are you coming slow poke?" Tris jokes as she waits for me to tie my shoes. "Im coming!" I say. We walk together down to the pit where they're announcing who is moving on. Max comes up to the podium and begins a speech. I don't really listen to it but tris seems to be hanging on to his every word. "Here are your rankings." He says and I look.

I made it. Tris made it.

Tris turns to me and her smile is bigger than I've ever seen it before. "We did it!" She says and I kiss her. "Now all that's left is stage 2." I say. I look at her shinning smile and her twinkling eyes. I grab her hand and pull her away from whats now turning into a party. "Where are we going?" She asks as I pull her down a hallway. "You'll see." I tell her. I can hear tris groan in annoyance and I smirk at that.

I lead her to the chasm and she smiles as she sees where we're at. We go over and sit against the same rock as the last time we came here together. Tris leans onto my shoulder and I smile down at her. "Tris.. I brought you here because I wanted to give and say something to you." I say. She looks up. "Okay." She says.

She pulls off of me and I grab something out of my pocket. I grab the black box and hold it in my hand. Her eyes widen. "It's not that kind of box." I assure her and I can tell she relaxes a little. I open it up. There in the box staring at both tris and I is a ring. A ring with a black diamond in the center with grey and silver smaller diamonds surrounding it. Then more small black jewels. It symbolizes Abnegation and Dauntless.

"Tris.. It's a promise ring. I promise to love you, to love you everyday of my existence. I promise to protect you from any danger. I promise to be beside you and be there for you whenever you need me to. Tris, I love you." I say. I look at her and she has tears falling. I slip the ring on her and she cries some more. "I love you so much tobias." She says grabbing my face in her hands and bringing my lips to hers.

I love this girl with all my heart.