Chapter 86

Tris POV
I walk into the simulation room and take a seat knowing that's what I'm supposed to do. "How are you today tris?" Amar asks while opening his computer up. How am I? Well I'm nervous, scared even and I don't know why. Its just another day, another simulation, another nightmare coming to life. "I'm alright." I say. He smiles and bit and then sinks the needle into my neck.

I wake up and I'm by the chasm. The rush of the water echoing through the rocky walls that are surrounding me. I walk I ways and find the place along the rocks where Tobias and I come to sit. There's a blue glow on the rocks, water spraying at my feet like usual. Then I see a shadow, a moving shadow. It's walking down to where the bridge over looking the chasm is. I get up and follow to see who it is. But when I do, shock hits me. It's Tobias.

"Tobias?" I whisper. He turns to me and he has tears running down his face and his eyes are bloodshot. "What are you-" I'm cut off by him griping the side and looking down at the water below us. "Tobias what are you doing?" I ask afraid of what he's about to do. He looks up slowly and looks to me. His face holds so much pain and so much agony. He mouths the words "Forever." to me and then he let go.

I jerk awake and this is the first time in a long time I've come out with tears and trembling in fear. I can hear my screams and prayers echoing in my head, the sound of my heart being ripped out and thrown into the chasm with him. I get up and walk out.

Most people are gone since I went last, Tobias is there though. His elbows are propped on his knees, one of which he's bouncing up and down, His face in his hands. He looks up as the door closes, "Hey." He says. He notices the tears right away and comes up to me to try and comfort me. "Hi." I get the word out. "Can I have some time alone?" I ask him. "Yeah of course you can." He says and kisses my forehead. We leave, he takes a different path and I head for the chasm.

Its probably a bad idea to sit there but I need this. I take a seat right where we normally do and I just stare and stay quiet. "Forever." His words repeat in my mind, every time more powerful than the first. What did he mean exactly?? If he meant that we'd be together forever, then that's not true. I sigh, the images still replaying in my mind. I get up and walk back to the dorms. I change into clean and more comfy clothes and get into bed.

It's early but for now I need to get some rest. As my eyes shut and my mind drifts off, I have one last thought, and it hits me like a brick.

I will love you forever.