Chapter 9

Tobias POV
I wake up the next morning, the sun shinning into my room. I get up and hurry to get ready. I never know when Marcus will come knocking down my door or scream his head off at me. I head downstairs and find that he had already left for work. I sigh with relief and grab some breakfast. I eat more then normal since I missed dinner last night. Then I grab my school things and leave the house.

I get to my locker with five minutes before home room starts. "Hey tobias." "Hi zeke." I say grabbing some of my textbooks. "So.. You feeling better??" He asks me keeping his voice low. "I'm fine. Why?" I ask closing my locker. "Well you weren't at school yesterday so I assumed.." He doesn't finish his sentence but I know exactly what he would have said. The warning bell rings and we part ways. I enter the classroom and most people are huddled together talking and laughing. Then my eyes spot her. "Hey." I whisper in her ear. She turns to see me and I take a seat next to her. She closes her book and smiles at me. "Hi." "How are you?" I ask getting out my notebook for class. "I'm fine. The real question is how are you doing?" She asks. "Im okay." I say. My face still has a bruise but it's not as dark. And the pain isn't as bad. "Well.. I'm glad your here." Beatrice says smiling. The bell rings and our teacher comes in.

We read almost five pages in our textbook and then we summarize in our notebooks. The bell rings and everyone gets up and heads to their next class. I walk out with beatrice, and we walk down the hall together. "Well this is my class." She says as we approach a classroom. "Oh.. Alright." I say looking into her eyes. I kiss her cheek and she blushes. "I'll see you later." She whispers. "Okay. See you later." She waves and enters the classroom. I sigh and head towards my next class.