Chapter 31

Tris POV
I wake up to a cold bed realizing Tobias isn't there. I get up and on my dresser is a note. I read it and nod. I wish he had stayed but that's okay. I head downstairs and see my parents and caleb in the living room. "Beatrice dear! Can you come here please??" My mother asks me kindly. "Sure.." I say taking a seat across from them. "Alright Hun.. We want to talk to you." She says.

"What's this about?" I ask. Although I think I know the reason. "It's about you and tobias dear." She says and my father starts to talk. "We knew that you both are more then just close friends. We know that you two are together." He says and I gulp. I look over to caleb and he has a smug smile on his face. If I wasn't abnegation id go over there and smack it right off! "Alright.. What about it?" I ask as if everything was fine. "We don't approve." My father says and my mother shrinks back. I can tell she isn't 100% on board with my father or caleb. "Why?? Why don't you approve?" I ask trying to keep my voice flat and not elevated. "We like tobias. We do. But we don't think your ready or old enough." My father says and I hear caleb mumble "I don't like him.." "Oh shut up caleb!" I say raising my voice at him. "Beatrice!" My mother scolds. "We do not use that language or raise our voices!!" She says and roll my eyes. "You all can't see that tobias is my everything! He means the world to me. And you know what.." I start to get up. "I don't care what you think!" I march out of the room and leave.

And I make sure to slam the door behind me.