Chapter 25

Tris POV
Tobias and I decide to head down for dinner and join my family. "Beatrice dear help with the plates." My mother says and I do. Tobias sits next to me on my left and caleb as usual on my right. "How was your day beatrice?" My father asks as I pass out plates. "Fine." I answer and he asks caleb the same. "Just to let you know.. Yes. Caleb is always this annoying." I tell tobias and he smiles. "How old are you tobias?" My father asks. "I'm 16 sir." He replies.

(A/N: I know what your thinking.. He 18! But in my book he's the same age as tris.)

"How are your parents doing?" My father asks while taking a drink. "Well. My mother as you know is no longer with us but my father is fine." He answers kindly. I can tell he tenses at the subject and I know the real truth about his father. So the subject makes me a bit uncomfortable. "Do you have classes with beatrice or caleb?" My mother asks with her usual smile. "I have homeroom with beatrice but no I have none with caleb." He answers and I see caleb mumble something to himself.

We finish dinner about a half hour later and caleb and I go to clean the dishes. Tobias went upstairs to get ready and my parents stayed in the kitchen to talk. "What's your problem?" I ask caleb handing him a plate to scrub. "Nothing's my problem." He says unconvincingly. "Mmhm.." I mumble. "I know you don't like him." I say drying the same plate. "How could you tell?" He asks sarcastically. "Why?? I know i know.. He a boy. But seriously why?" I ask stoping the cleaning process. "I just don't okay!" He says trying no to raise his voice.

After I say goodnight to my parents and ignore caleb, I head up to my room. I get my pajamas and change. Then head to my bed, "hey." I say to tobias as he climbs into my bed. "Hi." He says. "Hows your back?" I ask. "Hurts." He sighs. "Sorry.." I say. "No it's alright. Not your fault by any means." He says and I give him a small smile. "Are you ever letting your parents know that you and me are.. Ya know..." He asks me. "I don't know. Eventually yes.. Caleb I don't know about him though." He nods. "I know he kinda hates me." "He doesn't hate you!" "Yes he does." Tobias says back. "My parents like you." I say grabbing his hand and lacing my fingers in his. "Yea." He says his head low. "And I like you!" I say and he laughs. "That's a relief." I kiss his forehead and we lay down. His arm wraps around me and I take in the smell of tobias. It's fresh and comforting.