Chapter 42

Tris POV
I feel fortunate to have tobias with me. To help me and to make me feel better, to encourage me and to believe in me. I come to lunch a little late but find the table we normally sit at. I take a seat not to tobias and Al on my left. "Hey what took you so long??" Will asks me. "Just a little late that's all." I answer and take a bit of my hamburger. "I'm sick of all these fights and it's only the first day!" Christina says and I nod in agreement. "I'm guessing I'll have to fight later." I say. "Me too." Chris says. I sigh and tobias rubs me back.

About 20 minutes later, we all finish eating and go back to the training room. "Alright 10 minutes of warming up then more fights!" Eric yells. Tobias and I go to the punching bags. Chris and Al go do push ups. Will runs laps along with zeke. A girl comes up to the punching bag next to me. She hits it well but she's a bit weak. I'm weaker but that's not surprising.

"Your pretty good." I tell her once we both choose to get some water. "Thanks. I'm Shauna." She says introducing herself. "I'm tris." I say. "Yea your the stiff, it's cool that you chose dauntless!" She says. I hate the term stiff but I thank her anyway. "You know.. I think it's kind of romantic that you both jumped together and came here as a couple." She says and I smile. "Thanks." I say and she smiles back.