Chapter 30

Tobias POV
I wake up and tris is still sleeping. Her hand is on her chest which moves up and down as she breathes. "Beautiful." I whisper. I hear talking from behind the closed door and I hear both of our names being used. So of course I go listen through the door to see what it's about.

"I saw them mom!" Caleb's voice. "Nat.. I saw them too." Mr. Prior'a voice. It's low and I can sense disappointment in his voice. "I don't know.. Andrew are you sure??" Natalie's voice now. "Yes. And I don't approve. I like the boy very much!! But not as her boyfriend. Let alone someday lover!" Her dad says and I become upset. "I love that boy too! Maybe she is ready though! She's 16 and the choosing ceremony is in 2 days!" Her mom says. I'm surprised she's trying to stick up for me.. For us.

"I never liked him.. They can't be together!" Caleb says. "I agree. Tobias is such a good person but beatrice is not ready! I will not allow it!" He says and his tone is shifting. I hear her mother sigh and then the talking stops.

I look back at beatrice and she is still deep in slumber. I decide to leave her a note and leave.

Tris~
I'm letting you get some extra rest... I headed home but I'll see you soon!
Never forget that I love you.
~Tobias

"Mr. And Mrs. Prior, I'm going to head out. Thank you for letting me stay here!" I say kindly and I see them smile. "Your welcome tobias! Any time!" Natalie says and Andrew just nods. Caleb of course glares. I open the door and head back to my own home.