Chapter 2

Tobias POV
It's finally time to leave and I run to my locker to get my things. "Hey tobias. Going home?" It's zeke. "Hey zeke. Yep.. Aren't you?" I ask while putting books in my locker. "Yea. I just didn't know you wanted to go home so soon." He replies. Zeke knows all about how my father is cruel and how my mother died. He's my only true friend. I shrug, "just want to rest for awhile I guess." I answer. He nods and says he'll see me tomorrow.

I walk out into the open streets and head toward the house. There are people everywhere, from all factions. Soon I may be able to change and escape. I take the test in a few months but till then I'm stuck in abnegation with Marcus. "Caleb! Slow down!" I hear a girl shout from behind me. The boy must be in front of me. All of a sudden the girl runs into me and bumps my shoulder. "Oh.. I'm so sorry! It was accident. Are you okay?" She seems very concerned. "Yea. I'm fine." I brush off my shoulder and I look at her beautiful face. She walk off to find this caleb fellow.

I know that girl, from school. And her father works with my father. Beatrice is her name- I think. She is the most beautiful person I've ever seen, yet I don't have enough courage to talk to her much.

I arrive at the house and Marcus must be at work because he's not here. I head up to my room and stare out the window for awhile. Then I flop back on to my bed and shut my eyes. I eventually doze off.