Chapter 82

Tris POV
I'm sitting in my bed reading a book I found when Tobias walks in, and he looks shaken up. "Hey." I say softly while I close my book. "Hey." He says, his voice low and faint. He sits across from me on his bed, and slips his jacket and shoes off. He doesn't look up at me, just sits there staring at his feet. "How'd it go?" I ask carefully. He finally looks up and his blue eyes are glassed over with tears.

"I hate this." He says. "I hate feeling like I should've forgiven her or said something different." He says running his hands through his hair. "I didn't though, and I don't think I even should've but this feeling ugh!" He says throwing his hands up in frustration.

"What did she say?" I ask. "That I need to forgive her. That I don't understand and I don't! Who leaves their child, abandons them, leaves them with an abusive father and then wants to mend the relationship?!?" He exclaims. "I don't know. Its definitely wrong though." I say.

You can see how this is eating him up, piece by piece. "I'm planning on never speaking to her again, or at least till I feel I can." He says. "Tobias..." I say and he looks up at me. "I know you're not going to want to hear this but Tobias you can't just cut her out of your life." I tell him. His eyes say that he can't believe what I just said.

"She's always going to be there, whether you like it or not. She's your mother and-" "And what tris?!" He exclaims cutting me off. "She's my mother I get that but I can try to keep her out of my life. She abandoned me-" Now it's me cutting him off. "And that's what you're doing. You're abandoning her!" He stands up clearly angry now, angry at and with me. "Who's side are you even on??" He asks crossing his arms across his chest.

"Yours!" I say with my voice now raising. "Really? I can't tell. You're defending her, just admit it!" He yells at me. "No. No I'm-" "I can't. I can't deal with this right now." He says and with that he storms out of the dorms. Leaving me drowning in guilt and hurt.