Chapter 73

Tobias POV
I can sense tris is angry with me, for one thing she won't even sit next to me on the train. We soon jump and go back to dauntless. She took a different way to the dorms, trying to avoid me. I change into black sweatpants and a tight white undershirt, I'll just sleep in this. "Let's talk." I hear a voice call out behind me. I turn my head and see tris standing at the foot of my bed with her arms crossed. "Yeah." I say. She takes a seat on her bed and keeps a blank stare.

"Tris-" I get cut off by her. "Why? Why did you bring me all the way to Abnegation just to have me watch you beat the living shit out of your father?!" She asks raising her voice. "Tris I'm sorry. But I couldn't go alone." I tell her. "Why did you even go? Just to beat him up like he did to you?!" She says but then covers her mouth with her right hand.

"Tobias im so sorry! I didn't mean it like that." She says, her eyes filled with regret. "It's fine. I only went because you were telling me that you over came your fear and it disappeared in your landscape." I say. "I wanted to try and do that. Get rid of him in every way." I admit. Her eyes fill with sadness and her face softens. She walks over and sits on my lap. She looks up and our eyes meet. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought you." I say rubbing my thumb over her cheek.

"No. I get it. You wanted support and comfort, while you had to face your fear for real." She says. God this girl! She gets me in every way. "Thank you." I say. She kisses me lightly. "Tobias." She says. "Hm?" "If it's not gone. The fear, if it's still in your landscape, I don't want you to give up." She says. "I have faith that you'll over come it, but if it sticks there.. It sticks there." She adds. "But you'll always have me, okay?" She says. I nod and she kisses my cheek. "Thank you." I say. She smirks. "I'm pretty deep aren't I?" She asks jokingly. "Yes. Very." I say and we kiss again.