Chapter 51

Tris POV
I toss and turn that night, I can't fall asleep or even get comfortable. I keep thinking about how stupid I was acting and about tobias. I look over to see if tobias is asleep, he is. I sigh. I see him stir a little bit then he opens his eyes, revealing his piercing blue eyes. "Hey." I whisper. "Hey. Can't sleep?" He asks. I must look like I'm wide awake which I am. I nod. "Can I talk to you?" I ask him. "Course!" He says like it was obvious. "I'm sorry. When you told me about Shauna I was jealous and maybe a bit mad. I lied to you." I say, he opens his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Let me finish.." I say and he nods. "Then I saw you today. You were happy and in a good mood. I realized it was stupid for me to feel that way so I'm sorry." I say and allow him to talk now. "It's okay tris." He says and I smile a bit . "You should probably get some sleep, you'll be extra tired tomorrow if you don't." He says and I nod.

"Tobias." I whisper before he shuts his eyes. "Yes tris?" He asks. "Can I sleep with you, in your bed?" I ask kinda nervous. "Sure." He says with a smile. I slide off my bed and get under his covers cuddled up against him. He smells like sweat and soap, and of safety. "I like seeing you happy." I whisper and I can feel him smile. "I love you tris." He says kissing my head. My eyes flutter shut but I'm able to tell him "I love you." Before I'm out.