Chapter 99

Tobias POV
Tris comes out and her eyes meet with mine. She doesn't move any farther from the door though, just stands and stares into my eyes. It's as if I can read her thoughts, her emotions. And I see fear, but also some relief. She starts walking again and takes a seat next to me. She doesn't say anything, just leans into my chest and I wrap her in my arms.

"I'm proud of you." I whisper to her, my voice soft and genuine. She sits up and looks at me, "Thank you." She says. Her voice almost makes a whisper, it's more like she's mouthing it to me.

I smile at her, "How was it?" I ask. If she doesn't want to talk about it or relive it, I won't push it. I hear her sigh and she looks down at her feet. "Hey if you-" I'm cut off by her voice.

"It.. was pretty bad." She admits. "All of them.." She tells me. "The worst had to of been seeing you die, or having to shoot my family and you." She says and I know it's replaying in her mind, and that's what I didn't want to put her through.

"Hey, I'm okay. You're okay, and I know you did well in there." I tell Tris and she looks up once the words exit my mouth.

"I love you." She says and I lean down and kiss her. It's a feeling I've never fully grown accustomed to. It always feels like the very first time, the time I kissed her in that alley that started our beginning.

"Four." A man calls out and I pull away from Tris. I can see she's praying I do fine and that I'll be okay. "I love you." I whisper to her. I stand up and walk toward the large now open metal doors.

I look back to see Tris and maybe give her words of encouragement. But it's the other way around, I see her giving me words to boost me with courage. Be Brave. That's what I had told her and that's what she's telling me.

I smile and turn, hearing the slam of the doors behind me. I'm led to a large chair and met by tori. "How are you?" She asks screwing some things together- one being the syringe that going to be injecting me. "Alright." "That's what they all say." Tori says with a smirk.

"Good luck Tobias. I hope you make it." Tori says and the use of my true name takes me off guard, but it feels somewhat okay in her mouth. My eyes close with the sting of a needle, and all goes dark.

It's all dark until sunlight hits me that is. I peer my eyes open and have to take a moment to get my eyes adjusted and used to me surroundings, except I'd never get used to these specific surroundings.

I'm hundreds on feet above the ground, and I'm laying on a metal pole type contraption- and the only thing I'm sure about it is that I want off of it.

I stand but it's challenging due to the fact that my legs are wobbly and unstable- maybe as well as my mind. I take a deep breath and a step forward. Just as I move the wind picks up, afraid that it will blow me over I shut my eyes but have to reopen- since that made it worse.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. My mind tell me and I'm starting to believe it.

"Be brave." A voice that is not my own says and I know exactly who it is.

It's the girl that I get to call my own, my love, my only. My other half, the one that fills me with hope and courage. The one that pushes me to do things that make me stronger, the one who's voice fills me to the rim with comfort. The one I've shared my life with and my past she doesn't judge- nor pity upon. The one I've shared my body with and in the process grew closer to. The one that I will love my whole life- the only one for me.

I walk, faster and faster. I reach a small opening an slip through it, taking me away from the sky and when I look down I don't see the pavement. I see metal. All sides of me to be exact, the unbreakable walls.