Chapter 95

Tris POV
I don't get off at the same stop that the others do, instead of the dauntless compound, I get off at the erudite headquarters.

I must look out of the ordinary here, with all my black and tattoos. And also the fact that I'm not part of this faction. It's later in the night now, but their lights and equipment are still on.

I walk in, and see that erudite do actually sleep because there is hardly anyone here. Maybe two people per row, yet even they seem half asleep. I walk up to the front desk, and see a man with spectacles reading, also looking half asleep.

"Excuse me?" I ask. He holds up a finger telling me to wait a moment. I stand there impatiently, hands that were on my hips now crossed against my chest.

"Can I help you?" He asks placing his bookmark perfectly in the middle of the spine of the book.

"Yes. Do you know where I could find Caleb Prior?" I ask. He looks at his computer for a moment.

"He should be in his courters." He tells me and honestly I can't stand all their sophisticated language.

"What room would that be?" I ask annoyed at how long this is taking. "Room 783." The man tells me and I run off down the hallway in search for his room.

It takes me twenty minutes just to find the hallway the room's located in, but I find it and knock on the door. I wait a moment as silence sweeps over the hallway.

The door opens to show Caleb, dressed in blue and his face covered in blue. "Beatrice?" He asks. "Hi." I say and he let's me in.

"Have a seat." He says and I see that his place Is perfectly neat, nothing out of order except for his own face.

Caleb sits down in a chair across from me, holding an ice pack to his right eye. Both eyes are black so he would really need two ice packs, one for each eye.

"I'm guessing you heard about.. This." He says circling his face with his finger. "Yeah.." I say a little awkwardly.

"Yeah, he came here, yelled and me then beat me up." He exclaims, as if Tobias did something illegal right in front of him. Of course what Tobias did was wrong, but he had good reason.

"I heard that you provoked it though." I tell Caleb. "Why would I do that?" He asks.

"I heard you yelled first. Then threatened him." I say.

"That's not true." He says, as confident as he can.

"For an erudite, you sure don't get the right facts do ya?" I ask and his face is a bit shocked by my words.

"I know that you did that stuff to him." I say.

"So you're telling me that you believe that worthless, bad boy boyfriend of yours over your own brother?!" He asks me, testing me.

"Of course I do." And that hurts him.

"It doesn't matter if you're blood Caleb, he wouldn't lie to me about something like that. And I know that you would. I also know that you would do something like that." I say to Caleb. And I know that that made him mad.

"How do you know he wouldn't lie to you." "I never said he wouldn't ever, I said about this topic." I say clarifying what I had told him.

Caleb rolls his eyes, "He's probably keeping a lot of things from you." Caleb says.

Seeing him in this environment and all dressed in blue makes me realize, my brother was always erudite.

"I'm sure he is. As am I." I say honestly. "Caleb, everyone hides things from each other. Eventually they'll come out, but it's at the right time that they'll show." I tell him.

"You hid from me that you were really erudite, that you would choose them over you're own faction." I tell him, and I know what he'll say next.

"Hmm, sounds like the exact same thing you did." He says.

"A bit different but yes. And I admit that, because we all hide stuff." I say.

"Like having him as a boyfriend." He complains.

"Let it go Caleb!!" I yell at him and see him flinch at my sudden outburst.

"All you do is gripe and gripe about him, enough is enough." I yell. I'm standing now, too upset to stay still in my seat.

"He's not right for you." "How the hell would you know?!" I ask.

"You think you know everything Caleb, but you don't." I tell him point blank.

"Four is the best thing that has ever happened to me, or has ever come into my life." I tell him straight from the heart.

"I don't need you to come in and see who is and who isn't right for me." I tell Caleb.

I can tell he's still mad, but now you can see the hurt I've sent upon him.

"I want to protect you." He mumbles. "And you're doing a great job with that." I say sarcastically.

"Caleb, I know you're my brother and all, but that means being happy for me when I'm at my happiest." I say. "And my happiest is when I'm with Four." I say.

"I'm sorry that he beat you up, he didn't come here to target you directly, but I apologize on his behalf and mine." I explain. He nods, showing he understands.

I send him a small smile and head for the door. As I turn the knob to go out, I hear Caleb clear his throat. "Beatrice." He says and I turn my head to see him. "I still love you." He says. I smile genially at him.

"I know you do."