Chapter 11

Tobias POV
I walk home from dropping beatrice off. My house isn't too far away from where she lives, only a block or so. I enter the house and Marcus is still at work. So I grab a snack and head to my room. I sit at my desk, which the only thing on it is a stack of school books. I open one up and begin to read. Except.. I can't. I can't focus on anything. The only thing in my mind is her!

Her smile, her lips, her smooth skin, and her in all. But the other thing that I keep thinking about is those four words she spoke to me. I love you tobias. She loves me and I love her. Not because we kissed or that she's one of the only people who care about me. But because we truly have those feelings. They aren't covered up by fear of anger- like I'm used to. They aren't covered up by lies or worry. They are there.. Out in the open.

About an hour of time passes and I hear the sudden opening of the front door. Then the swiping of shoes on the Mat and the sound of footsteps in the kitchen. It's Marcus. I close my books and head down stairs quietly, trying not to call attention to myself. "Hello tobias." He says entering the living room. I say hello and gulp. I don't know if he's going to hurt me or if he's going to be somewhat fatherly. "How was school?" He asks me. "It was fine." I answer. Marcus motions me over to the couch and I take a seat. "I have council members coming over tonight so eat dinner and then if you can be quiet and out of the way... You can stay here in the living room. If not you can go to your bedroom." I nod and as usual thank him.

I grab some food and make myself dinner in the kitchen. I eat as quietly as possible. Marcus is doing some paper work in the other room when there is a knocking at the door. I watch Marcus get up and open it. There is abnegation grey, is a man who is close to my father. Andrew Prior, and his wife Natalie. Then I realize that those people are Beatrice's parents. "Good evening Marcus." Andrew says. They shake hands and a small-fake- smile appears on my fathers face. "I hope you don't mind but we brought our children, they won't cause any noise or any problems at all." Natalie says sweetly. "Of course! Of course!" Marcus says.

He has what I call a mask on. The one that he uses along side his peers. The mask that makes him a wonderful person, full of kindness and honesty. Though in reality.. It's the opposite.

"I suppose my son will recognize your children from school." Marcus says motioning for the Prior family to come in a sit. I wash my plate and peer out to see them all. There behind her mother is Beatrice. Her brother is standing close to her but in no way does he take away her presence. "Tobias! Come in!" My father yells for me. His voice is calm and what seems to be harmless. I walk into the living room, and take a seat. A seat next to her. "This is beatrice and caleb prior. Say hello son." He says ruffling through papers. "Hello." I say shaking Caleb's hand and then Beatrice's. She has a small smile and I try to hide mine. "Why don't you head up to your room now, Andrew and I have some things to discuss." I nod and get up. Natalie stays and caleb brought a book with him which he opens up. I start up the stairs when I hear beatrice ask, "Where is your bathroom? And may I use it?" Marcus replies, "Why of course! Tobias can you show her?!" I nod so he can see me and soon beatrice joins me on the stairs.