ೃ⁀➷blood is thicker than water

You led on the rooftop that was now damp as the rain had started just in time for your great unmasking. Your opponent crouching over you and trapping you in his arms with a calm expression on his face. 'how is he so calm'. You couldn't wrack that all of the years you'd been totally anonymous had been waisted by your stupid emotions to shut a man who's making rumours about you.  

You were shivering, weather it being because the temperature was so cold or because your identity was about to be shown to a hero. Your brain was using itself so desperately trying to figure out some sort of escape plan but- it couldn't. You weren't tied up which was a suggestive choice by the hero but it worked for you. You were only pinned down by his body, which most people would assume an easy way out. Not if the man you're under weighs a lot and most of his weight is definitely muscle. 

What was the best way to confuse a man of that size, to get him completely off guard and to break own his defences. You had only one answer and definitely wasn't one you liked at all. You had studied the art of seduction, the way you could man a man crumble before you just from being seductive and romantic. 

It helped your situation a lot that he was practically straddling you. A position that would usually make a girl flustered or deemed as a sexual pose, you weren't flustered however, meaning that this could be a great way for you to distract him. The only issue was.. you weren't sure if you had the willpower to seduce Hawks. You had seduced many people to get your way, not like it was hard. You didn't exactly look ugly and you knew all the correct techniques.

How about something physical. Your brain now had dove into the idea of a nudge in the wrong area or a but of showing him your body. But it wouldn't do, there were things you had limits for and you definitely didn't want to be charged with sexual assault when you finally do get caught. A kiss. You had it, the answer you needed. 

The plan would definitely require for him to see your face. You couldn't kiss him with a plastic mask on. He'd reach in and lift up a corner of your mask

And he did exactly that.

He'd lean down to hold your head making sure you didn't headbutt him or anything

And he did exactly that.

Then he'd peel off the whole thing revealing your face. His shock from it being so easy will loosed the feathers guard on your wrist

And he did exactly that.

But the moment that the cold air touched your face you wriggled your hand out of the feathers grasp, and leaned in to his face. Leaving a tiny smirk before you touched your lips with his and caressing his cheek with your now free hand. You held out the kiss to go for as long as possible before you finally let go and bit your lip. After seeing the state he was in it was almost simple to get out of the situation. 

HAWKS POV

'She kissed me. It wasn't even bad but I didn't want her to get away by using such a lewd method of attack. She was supposed to fight me, supposed to make me bleed or give me another broken bone. Something like that I could deal with.. but a kiss, kissing someone in the middle of being trapped is an outrageous tactic. But- I gave to give her credit where credits due.. It worked really well'

He watches as you turned you back from him, walking away and leaving him in bewilderment. "That was a cheap trick you know!" He yelled in hope that you'd turn around. You did. Not the way he wanted you to though.

You turned, half you mask broken revealing one half of your face. Your lips were swollen and the half of your nose he could see was red becuase of the cold. Your eye was a beautiful gold, it shone like midas himself created you. One thing that he was completely unable to ignore was the fact that blood was dripping from your eyes. 'probably a quirk drawback'

You stared his way before blinking and shouting "well im not a cheap girl. I won't have half the globe be convinced I'm dating someone by the likes of you. get that into your thick skull and maybe I won't continue to hunt you down"

He was completely and utterly confused. You'd just risked being completely exposed and had half your face identified to him becuase you were pissed about a little rumour going around about the two of you being in love.

His brows furrowed and his eyes glued onto you as you walked back and sprung off the rooftop just as easily as you'd pulled off a kiss with a stranger and kept a completely straight face. 'What a woman'

YOUR POV

You sat in your office after your interaction with Hawks. He had seen your face, he had seen what your identity was and for that reason you were a complete mess when walking to your room. You turned and looked in the mirror and glared at yourself with a melancholic face. You threw the half of you mask that was still on your face off it and it landed straight in the trash. He'd seen your blood, god he must've thought you were a freak.

"Father please, don't do this"

"Maybe this'll teach you to not cry. Crying makes you weak. And when your weak- y/n. You can't be strong"

The blood. It was an experiment that your father used on you when you were just a child. When you cried it annoyed him, so after he killed your mother he sent you to his friends who told you they'd fix you.

"we're going to make sure your father never gets pissed off when you cry. becuase you won't cry."

It wasn't long before they led you on the operation table and sent you to sleep. Once you'd woken up you noticed a pain in your eyes and asked then what they did.

" dear.. we removed your tearducts and connected them to a vein of yours that was manually created by us"

And that night when you were punched again and again by your father you realised why you had that surgery. Why it was going to prevent you from crying. Blood is thicker than water, and oh boy did it hurt to cry blood.