ೃ⁀➷ blue as a bruise

Smoke filled the air which made the room smell of nicotine. "Wait for the birth- then i say a week". The other line on the phone started typing. "Yes sir".

You and Keigo were sat in the living room. The dusk was setting and the air smelled of fast food stands, most likely since the window was open. "Keigo..."He looked toward you and smiled, urging you to continue with your sentence. "I'm nervous Keigo.. what if i'm a bad mother.." 

You didn't exactly ever have a mother figure, you loved her sure but she wasn't there for you of course it wasn't her choice. You were so young when she passed, and since then you've been surrounded by men and only men. Nobody could reassure you that you'd be a good mother because everybody who's known you long enough has either passed away, or hasn't contacted you for a while.

"I don't doubt you'll be amazing. I'm here for you aswell so we can struggle together eh?" He comforted you. "I think you should call someone you've known for some time".  

you picked up your mobile phone and scrolled through your contacts. Dabi. You and him hadn't talked since you told him about your pregnancy and he revealed that he too was soon to be a father, your finger hovered over his name and you contemplated how you'd begin a conversation. It had been too long

one dial. he picked up immediately 

"dabi?"

a feminine voice picked up on the other side of the line. You'd never heard her before, she sounded young and full of future. You could tell just by the way she spoke that she had no ill intentions in here whatsoever. 

"this isn't dabi.. i can pass him along for you. He's with the girls..." You smiled on your end of the phone, happy to hear he was being an amazing father. 

"if i could talk with you that'd be amazing actually. you're his girlfriend, i'm assuming?" you said in the calmest tone possible.

"fiancé..."

your heart had never fluttered with this much happiness. you and dabi had been friends for so long and to see him happy enough to want to marry was amazing and beautiful. 

"oh i apologise-" you giggled "he never tells me anything i swear".

she giggled back, "He is like that.. I don't mean to sound rude but is there something specific you needed me for. I just don't trust that man with the twins too long on his own"

"of course. I don't know how much he's told you about me, but uh- i'm pregnant at the moment. I just-"

"you're worried that you won't be good enough?" She paused and left out a chuckle. "I think it happens to everyone when they're pregnant. It's a good thing that you worry because it means you care".

"do you think we could talk, in person, about it. If not that's fine i just- I need someone to reassure me...." You said warily. You rarely ever asked for help.

You then heard Dabi walk into the room that she was in. "It's y/n on the phone" she says away from you, she then brings herself to the phone again. "He wants to speak with you. We'll arrange a date and time I'll be sure to send you my number"

With that you hear her pass the phone to Dabi and you gulp.

"Been awhile hm?"

he laughed, the way he always had. 

"I'm a busy man, engaged and all, i got two little me's running around, can't keep my eyes off em for two fuckin seconds"

he then inhaled, you knew he was going to say something serious.

"y/n, about me being engaged. You're the only real family I've had. But i need you to come- as my best man".

"MAN? YOU COULD AT LEAST SAY WOMAN" You screamed down the phone, the two of you seemed to never stop rattling on as if you were kids.

there was a knock at Keigos door and he went to answer it, your attention completely on the phone call that was still happening.  At the door stood certain retired No.1 hero and a short green haired boy, he seemed jitterish and he seemed confident, polar opposites in attitude.

Keigo asked them if they wanted to come inside, to which they agreed and walked over to the couch and sat down. 

"um- some people have shown up at the apartment so i gotta go. But yeah- of course ill do that"

You smiled to yourself

"See ya!!"

You put the phone down and smiled at the two people sat on the couch infront of you. Keigo walked to you and sat right next to you, placing his arm over your shoulder which somewhat gave you butterflies. 

"Whatcha here for?" He said in his honeylike voice.

"We wanted to congratulate y/n on the recent events. Also Midoryia wanted to meet her, unsure why. I also- have some questions, things like that"

You seemed so happy that people finally seemed interested in your existence, it was a whole new feeling. People knew who you were and for some reason wanted to know more, especially All Might?!

"I'd be delighted to answer anything, honestly, nothings a hassle" You grinned wide

"Do any of you want anything to drink?" Keigo asked as he stood and made his way to the kitchen.

"A tea please". By far the best day you'd had for a while.

a/n - i honestly apologise so much for not updating this at all. so much shit has happened in my life since i last updating this story (ik im following that wattpad author niche). But i litteraly realised so much happened. APOLOGIES. 

anyways ty for 1k kinda crazy

x