ೃ⁀➷radiant night

You sat in your nursery, you spent most of your time there since your father didn't want you investigating around your home  as he said he had 'work' that was too dangerous for you. You played with a little princess doll, your father had told you were his little princess and therefore he gave you her. You heard a little knock on the door as a woman walked in. Her hair was a beautiful chestnut brown and her eyes were a pale blue. "Mummy-" She smiled at you with kindness and love. 

She ran over to you and squeezed you with all her might. "Happy birthday, y/n!" You hugged her back and kissed her cheek-"hehe thank you mummy-", She handed you a little box with a letter, and a necklace that was too big for your little neck. "Mummy.. that's big for me".  Her lips turned up and she ruffled your hair. "You aren't supposed to open this-" She pointed at the letter "Until you're 20" Then you held the necklace up with your little hands. It was a rose quartz crystal that was attached to a chain. "You're not meant to wear that till you're big enough for it", 

She picked you up and carried you to the living room where there were a whole bunch of presents waiting for you. Your father stood by the door with his arms crossed and his eyes on you and your mother. "She can walk, how's she gonna be strong when you carry her everywhere"  Your mother gave him a gaze in such a way as to say 'shut up' before she smiled at you and let you down. 

You had opened all your presents, it was just everything a four year old could ever want. Toys and books. Your mother and father didn't usually get along- but on your birthday every year they always made an attempt to. You all ate cake and had a laugh and a giggle. You threw tea party's with your teddies and when it became your bedtime you always slept blissfully. As if your life wasn't a complete wreck. 

That night however. it was different to all the others. You didn't sleep blissfully, you couldn't possibly try when your father was arguing ever so loudly with your mother. "SHE SHOULD KNOW WHAT PAIN FEELS LIKE" They screamed and screamed at one another till you decided to exit your bed. The hallway was dark and narrow. There were pictures of you three together hung on the wall and the white wallpaper reflected in your irises. You'd already memorised the way the floorboards creaked and which ones you shouldn't step on. Walking past the bathroom door you heard a smash coming from the room at the end of the hallway. Your parent's room. 

Your tiny feet were barely waddling there in time as you lifted you mini hands onto the door handle and slightly twisted it. You let out a slight push with your quirk and looked in the room. The moon was an iridescent blue. It shone beautifully through the window panes in your parents room. It was a radiant night

You turned your head to the side only too see your mother. Three large wounds on her body; one on her leg, one on her neck and one on her arm. They weren't large, nothing she could immediately die from. Your eyes widened in horror as your father somehow submerged from the shadows holding a  gold pleated knife that was dripping some ruby blood. He stood tall over you and licked it. 

"Kill her. y/n. Show me what i created you for!"

It had been several minuets of him laughing at you, hitting you. He was begging for you to stab her and you were begging for him to stop. Your eyes finally met hers. They were a golden-brown and they shone perfectly in the moonlight. She looked like she was begging also, but she was begging to be put out of her misery. Your father had had enough,

"IF YOU WONT KILL HER Y/N. I WILL. YOU'LL SEE HOW WEAK YOU REALLY ARE" He was furious. He held the knife to your mothers heart and as she stared you in the eyes, a small red drop of blood submerged from her eye. She'd had the same surgery as you was going to have after. She smiled at you and muttered the soulful words "i love you. y/n." Then your father cut her off by launching the knife into her chest, hitting her directly in the heart. 

a/n; this was kind of just a filler/backstory chapter. don't worry we'll get to the present tense next chapter again. also fun fact, Kaguya means radiant night in Japanese . 

your fathers name also means something in Japanese :)