Chapter 11

Alex parked the car in front of Kerrang magazine’s building he gripped the stirring wheel as he noticed Shay walk out of the building with someone else other than him, he took in a deep breath letting it out blinking away the tears, he rolled down his window slightly so he could hear if they were saying anything.

“You know not to smoke that in front of me without letting me have some of that.” The guy laughed handing it to Shay she smiled putting the cigarette between her lips as she leaned against her car.

“You’re right, I’m sorry.”

Shay smiled moving some hair out of her eyes tucking it behind her ear.

“I should go, early start in the morning.”

“Oh right that big photo-shoot”

Alex tightened the grip on the stirring wheel more clinching his teeth together watching the mystery guy bring her in for a hug he growled rolling the window up speeding off.

          Jack was sitting on the couch TV turned on as Alex walked inside the house plopping down next to Jack he glanced over. “Well there’s Mr. night owl, where have you been?”

“Checking on shit”

“Shit as in Shay?”

Alex nods laying his head on Jack’s shoulder, “I need a drink”

“What happened?”

Alex shrugged.

“Shay was with someone else dude, has she mentioned anyone else?”

Jack sighed shaking his head a little bit, “No she doesn’t when it comes to that subject she’s mutual , she loves you though I promise Lex.”

“She smokes now did she mention that?” He smuggled into Jack as the front door open to see only Roo standing there.

“No she didn’t”

“It’s my turn Gaskarth”

Alex stuck out his tongue, “Fuck you, I’m not moving.”

Roo walked over and sat down on Alex’s lap since he wouldn’t move and laid her head on Jack’s shoulder a smile on her face, Jack smiled wrapping his arms around her.

 “Lex has been spying all night”

“Ooh, Spying? On who?”

“Shay Bear” Jack said.

Alex sighed hearing that name, “I need a drink” he mumbled quietly standing up.

“Can you get me one too?”

Alex shrugged, “Sure” he stood up walking into the kitchen opening the fridge sighing as he looked at the counter grumbling  at old memories opening the can up taking a sip of the bud light in his hand grabbing an extra one handing it to Roo.

“I’ll be upstairs, packing.” He said quickly walking up the stairs.

“Ew” Roo handed it to Jack. “Beers nasty.” She wrinkled her nose up realizing what Alex had said her eyes went wide.

“Hold on! Packing?!” Roo jumped up and runs after Alex walking into his room seeing bags on his bed now.

“Don’t try to stop me Roo; I’m really not in the mood.” Alex mumbled quietly picking up some broken glass from a picture frame he had thrown a few nights ago sighing as he put the picture and all in the trash as he continued throwing clothes onto the bed.

“You can’t just leave Alex, we still have to finish the album, the release, and we need you here.” Roo said.

“Roo, I’m not leaving the fucking state. Just this house I can’t stand it here anymore.” He said quietly. “I’ll come to the studio when I need to but I’m not telling anyone where I’m staying.”