Chapter 20

Rooney jumped on the couch nudging Jack as he laid down beside him he turned over wrapping his arm over Rooney not feeling Roo there he shot up seeing she wasn’t there his eyes widened and started to panic as he stood up he noticed the ring he had given her pacing back and forth trying to figure out what happened ignoring the hangover he had punching the wall looking down noticing his cell was smashed bending over he picked up the pieces trying to piece together everything only remembering going out for guys night with the group, he walked  down the after picking the pieces up off the floor.

“Roo? Are you in here?”

Jack opened the bedroom door seeing the bed was empty the closet door opened he backed out of the room biting his lower lip walking down the hall into the kitchen grabbing the phone off the charger dialing Alex’s number waiting for him to pick up.

“Come on Alex pick the fucking phone –“

“Jack? What can you possibly want at this time of morning?” Alex asked sleepily.

“Where’s Roo?”

“She’s sleeping just like you and everyone else should be doing at seven in the fucking morning.” Alex said groaning after noticing the time turning over to see Shay sound asleep.

“She’s with you? What happened last night?”

“We went to the bar last night I left you for one minute and Holly comes walking in like she owns the damn place, kisses you and you get into a fight with her boyfriend, we end up in jail, Roo and Shay bail us out, you start saying shit about Holly and how your mom hates Roo she left.” Alex said trying to make it simple.

“Why is my phone shattered in pieces?”

Alex sighed into the phone, “Because Holly called you and you started talking to her she got pissed and tackled you, she threw it against the wall, she left after packing a few things.” He said.

Jack sighed deeply biting his lower lip, “Dude I need to fix this shit.”

Alex sighed deeply, “There’s no way to fix this Jack, and you fucked up.”

Jack sighed running his fingers through his messy hair pouring a cup of coffee, “Please Alex I just- I need to try.” His voice broke.

“I’ll come pick you up, only because I’m craving fucking donuts now that you have me up this early.” Alex grumbled slightly as he stood up with his phone still at his ear.

                                                     Shay woke up turning over to see Alex not there she sighed a little bit smiling as she uncovered herself seeing Sab cuddled next to her feet she got up walking down the stairs not seeing Alex there either sighing softly figuring he was gone to check on Jack with the state he was in she yawned as she opened the cabinets and fridge grabbing the ingredients as Peyton walked into the kitchen barking at the back door.

“Alright, let’s go outside.”

Shay opened the back door letting Peyton run outside she left the door open and started to cook breakfast figuring Sab went into the guest room with Roo since he never did follow into the kitchen, once breakfast was finished Shay walked up the stairs into the guest room seeing Sab cuddled next to Roo she smiled.

“Roo come on you need to get up, I fixed your favorite.” Shay said.

“But sleep is good” Roo said covering her head up with the pillow.

Shay sighed deeply, “You can’t stay in bed all day, I made your favorite waffles you should come down and eat something.”

“Red velvet waffles?”