Chapter 27

Shay’s eyes fluttered open they had arrived back in Baltimore early that morning on their anniversary she could feel his ghost like breath against her cold skin making her shiver only bringing the covers up more feeling his chest vibrate as his lips pressed against mine only meaning he slightly chuckled as he sent trails of small kisses down the back of her back.

“Happy anniversary baby”

Shay smiled turning over her eyes locked with his very own brown eyes, “Happy Anniversary Lex” Alex crawled over her hovering her with a grin spread across his perfect lips pressing them against her own.

“I have some things planned for today, their all surprises.”

Shay grumbled, “But Lex I hate surprises.”

“Sorry Shay Bear, that’s the way it’s going to be today.”

Shay groaned, “Fine but I wear your batman pajama pants all day!” Shay said shooting up out of bed rushing to the dresser.

“That’s sexy” Alex said in his British accent as Shay slipped into his batman pajamas only making her grin jumping onto his back pressing her lips gently onto his shoulder then rested her chin there tracing his tattoo on his neck a smile on her face.

Alex walked into the kitchen the smell of pancakes filled the air along with Cinnamon toast and bacon which was all placed neatly at the center of the table, “I thought I’d get up early and make your favorite, chocolate chip pancakes.” Shay turned facing him a smile on her face walking over wrapping her arms around his neck pressing her lips against his own.

“I love it”

“M’ lady” Alex said in his British accent as he pulled the chair out, Shay giggled sliding into the chair blushing slightly as he placed the plate in front of her before he sat down himself.

                                                     Jack parked his car in front of Roo’s parent’s house drumming his thumbs on the stirring wheel looking out his window he was driving for a good hour just to go to the next ultrasound his bags in the back seat so he could go to Alex’s and Shay’s afterward he sighed texting Roo not wanting to get out.

Parked out front, I don’t want to get yelled at by your mom.

Jack’s phone went off in minutes, No one’s home but Josh and me five more minutes

Jack groaned and unbuckled his seat belt knowing just by reading the text she was still asleep he stepped out of the car closing the door walking up the sidewalk taking in a deep breath and knocked on the door bouncing up and down as he waited.

Josh opened the front door stepping aside walking toward the couch flopping back down pointing up the stairs letting Jack know that is where Roo would be he slowly started walking up the stairs finding her bedroom he opened the door bending down moving some hair from her eyes smiling weakly.

“Roo it’s time to get up.”

“I don’t wanna”

Jack smiled weakly, “But you need too”

“I need to be cuddled”

Jack bit his lip lightly sighing a bit as he crawled onto the bed laying in behind her debating on whether he should wrap his arm around her not wanting to make it awkward for both of them, Roo moved back her body pressed against his he tensed a little bit but slowly put his arm around her holding her there.

“What do we have to do today?”

“The ultrasound, then I have to move into Alex’s and Shay’s for the two days we’re off.” Jack mumbled quietly.