Chapter 17

Alex parked the car in front of his parents’ house he turned the engine off tilting his head over facing Shay her eyes were fixed on her lap playing with the ring on her finger he unbuckled moving over a little bit lacing his fingers with hers she sighed.

“Lex, what if they don’t like me?”

“They will Shay bear”

Shay sighed looking over, “But what if they don’t?”

Alex sighed moving some hair from her face his thumb stroking her face he leaned over pressing his lips gently onto her own, “Baby are you having doubts?” he asked.

Shay shook her head, “No, it’s just nerves I guess”

Alex pressed his forehead against hers a smile on his face, “They will love you, mom can’t wait to meet the girl that stole her sons heart.” Shay looked down blushing slightly.

“I still make you blush?” He smirked.

Shay laughed, “Shut up Gaskarth, let’s not keep them waiting any longer.” She smiled.

Alex smiled, “Stay right there” He stepped out of the car closing the driver side door walking around the car opening the passenger side door his lopsided smile appeared across his lips as he held his hand out a smile tugged upon her lips as she took her hand in his own stepping out of the car he closed the door pulling her toward him wrapping both arms around her waist pressing his lips gently onto hers again.

“Why do you have to be so God damn beautiful?” Alex asked nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck holding her there; she blushed slightly hiding her face in his shoulder, the front door opened Alex looked up to see his mom standing there a smile on her face.

“I didn’t hear you two pull up”

Alex smiled pressing his lips to Shay’s cheek wrapping his free arm around her waist walking toward the front door, “It’s good to see you again” she pulled Alex into a hug.

“And you must be Shay”

Shayla nods slightly as she felt Alex’s fingers intertwine with hers gripping her hand a little assuring her it was okay.

“Well it’s good to finally meet you instead of hearing Alex talk about you all the time over the phone” she smiled pulling her into a hug.

“You too” Shay responded with a smile once she stepped aside allowing them inside the house, Alex intertwined his fingers with hers a smile tugged upon her lips as she looked around seeing a few old pictures of Alex when he was little and some pictures up of the band.

“Dinner should be ready soon dear”

Alex nods, “Need any help?”

“No, why don’t you show her around?”

“I can do that” Alex smiled keeping his fingers laced with hers leading her up the stairs stopping in front of a door with some Blink 182 stuff on the door along with their band name ‘All time low’ a smile crept upon Shay’s lips as he opened the door wrapping his arms around her waist resting his chin on top of her head.

In the room was a full sized bed with some red sheets and quilt a few old guitars and a computer desk she looked up noticing a few old pictures of him and Lisa when they were together.

“I told them to take these out” He un tangled himself walking over to the one picture where they were standing there smiling dressed for the prom they both seemed happy, he never really talked about why they had broken up he usually just keeps that part mutual.

“You two looked happy”

“Looked, but pictures hide stories.” He put the picture down walking back over wrapping his arms around her waist, that lopsided smile going as he looked down into her eyes pressing his lips lightly onto her own a smile tugging across her lips.

“Come on lets go back downstairs”

Shay smiled as he led her out of the room back down the stairs into the kitchen where his mom was standing over the stove.

“How was California?”

Alex smiled, “We got our Don’t Panic album finished, Shay here did our photo shoot, and you should look at some of her work.” Shay looked down her hair hid her eyes.

"I'm not all that great Alex." Shay said tilting her head to the right angle To meet his eyes.

"Yes you are"

Shay shook her head slightly, Alex placed his lips against hers, "Yes you are." he said pulling away his mom smiling at both of them shay blushed slightly.

"I'd love to see some of your work, you and Alex need to come by more." she said.

Alex smiled, "We will before the tour starts up in a week." he said.

 Dinner went by smoothly Alex had told her about the new album she was proud of Alex for succeeding in his dreams glad to see that he was happy, dinner was over Alex picked up his glass taking a sip of his wine.

“So when am I going to get a grand kid?”

Alex nearly choked on his drink Shay tilted her head with a smile on her face trying to hold the laughter in as he put the glass down.

“I was thinking after this tour we settle down and try, but we also have some good news.” Alex said his hand resting on Shay’s leg.

“Oh?”

Alex smiled, “Shay and I are engaged, I asked her to marry me a few days ago before we left California.” A smile spread across his moms face as we all stood up she came over hugging us both.

“And when is this wedding?”

“While we’re on tour Shay here is going to tag along and we’re going to plan all of it out with Cass and Roo.” He explained.

“Seems like you two have thought all of this out, I’m proud of you Alex.” She brought her son in for a hug once more.

“Thanks mom” Alex said as they pulled back from the hug. “We should get going Shay needs to be at Roo’s soon for a girl’s night”

“Alright, well Shay it was good to finally meet you” She pulled her in for a hug, Shay smiled.

“You too”

“Bye you two” Alex and Shay turned waving with a smile she waved back smiling as Alex opened the door for Shay she smiled sliding inside he closed the door walking over sliding in himself the front door closed he sighed stretching out, he started the engine up and backed out of the driveway heading back to the house.