𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊♡︎

"Mr. Luntz?" Officer Cheddar asked as they all stood around a hospital room. Cheddar and Allison were standing at the foot of the hospital bed while Y/n was leaning up against the doorway, messing with the watch around her wrist again. It's not like she meant to do it, she just randomly started fidgeting with it. Though, who wouldn't? It was the only thing she had left of her father.

Mr. Luntz grunted, moving his head around slightly. He opened his eyes and saw both Allison and Cheddar at the foot of his bed. "Who are- Who are you?"

"I'm Sergeant Cheddar, and this is- This is my- associate," he said, gesturing to Allison. He paused, pointing at Y/n, "And that is my associate's bother's girlfriend? Yeah." He shook his head, turning back to Mr. Luntz, "Just have a couple of questions for you."

"Am I in trouble?" Mr. Luntz asked, looking at Cheddar.

"No trouble. Nothing like that. I just- I wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern parking lot last night."

Mr. Luntz sighed, "You're a cop." He paused, "You gotta protect me no matter what, right?"

"It's my sworn duty."

Mr. Luntz shook his head, "It was no accident."

"What do you mean?" Cheddar asked.

"This guy- hired us to start a fight," He explained, perking Allison's interest. "He wanted us to rough him up in front of his girlfriend." He paused as Allison took a few steps closer to his bed. "He paid real good up front. We got drunk. Took it a little too far. Startle to hassle the girl too."

Figures.

"Then all hell broke loose," he shook his head.

"The guy who paid you, what did he look like?" Allison asked. "Brown hair, light scruff, slight build?"

Way to be straightforward.

"Yeah, yeah, that's him."

Cheddar put his hand out towards Allison, "Well, that's a- a really good guess."

Allison started pulling something out of her jacket. She started turning it around, showing the back cover of it to Mr. Luntz. "Is this the girlfriend?" she asked, pointing to the picture of Vanya on the back cover of her book.

Cheddar turned to Allison and started towards her, "Hey. Uh- Just, um- Just a moment." He pulled Allison off to the side. "Hey, by any chance, is your movie called Small Town Cop Falls for Hollywood Superstar's Bullshit?"

Allison looked at the ground before looking up at Cheddar again. She sighed, "I'm sorry for misleading you."

"I believe the technical term is lying!" Y/n said loudly from the doorway.

Cheddar nodded, "What the girlfriend said."

Y/n scoffed, crossing her arms. "I'm sorry I lied," Allison said. "But I didn't know how else to get answers." She paused, showing Cheddar the picture of Vanya, "This is my sister. I think the guy that put him in this hospital has her. I have to find her."

"I could get fired for just bringing you and her down here with me," Cheddar whispered.

"Please. I think she's in trouble. I need your help," Allison pleaded.

Cheddar sighed and turned to Mr. Luntz. "Answer the lady's question. Is this the girlfriend?"

A nurse pushed past Y/n and into the room. Y/n glared after the woman. Forgetting that she wasn't at Commission, not everyone was immediately afraid of her. Which made her think.