𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊♡︎

"You can't send her to Germany! Not in that timeline! You're going to traumatize her!" AJ shouted, moving his arms out in front of him.

The Handler shook her head, "She knew what she was getting herself into the day that she decided to go on that first mission."

"No, no," Ian shook his head, pointing to AJ with his arms crossed. He looked up from the ground and nodded again, "AJ's right." The Handler scoffed, shaking her head. She turned around, walking over to her desk. "She's my daughter too. You can't force her to do anything- not that she doesn't want to do." He shook his head again, "I don't want you putting her on a mission like that. That's a high stakes mission."

The Handler turned around, raising an eyebrow, "And you're saying that she can't handle?"

"No," he shook his head. "I know that she can handle that specific mission. But we don't know what else will happen."

The Handler shrugged, lighting a cigarette. "She'll go in, make sure that Hitler kills himself, then come out," she said, pausing. Turning slightly, she put her lighter down and put the cigarette in her holder before putting it in her mouth. "It's as simple as that, Ian. It's not like she'll have to go through anything else."

"You don't know that," AJ interjected. He moved his hands in a stopping motion. "We're worried for her. You should be too. Don't you know what some survivers did after they survived?"

"She stronger than that, AJ," the Handler said, taking the cigarette out of her mouth before shaking her head.

"Is she?" Ian asked, causing the other two to look over at her. "She is one of the strongest people I know. That any of us know. But that type of thing- she'll get some sort of PTSD. You know that she won't leave that mission without having some sort of trauma."

"As I said-" the Handler said, moving her hand before putting her cigarette back in her mouth, "-she'll go in to where Hitler is, make sure he kills himself, and then she'll get out. Just like Number Five did with Lila's parents."

"Things happen," AJ said. "There's too high of a risk that something will change and she'll get hurt. We can't risk it."

The Handler put her arms out in an almost shrugging manner. "There is a risk with everything. If you don't take risks-" she moved her hands around, looking for the right words, "-nothing gets done. You don't get rewarded with anything."

"I'm not letting you put my daughter into a damn battle field where she could get killed!" Ian said loudly, causing the other two to turn to him. He sighed, "She's more important than sending her on that mission. You're going to kill her."

"She's not going to die," the Handler said, shaking her head. "And if you have forgotten, she's my daughter too, Ian."

Ian scoffed, "I don't think you realize that she's my daughter too."

"Look," AJ interrupted. "She's young. She isn't even twenty-four yet. She can take a lot, she proved that at the boxing ring the other night- which you still haven't told her the real reason you're doing that to her," he said. "But this- sending her to Germany in that time- that will be way too hard on her."

"What makes you think that anything bad will happen to her?" the Handler asked, tilting her head slightly.

"For Christ's sake!" Ian exclaimed, gesturing to nothing in particular. "She likes women! She isn't straight! One of the groups that they targeted was anyone that was homosexual!"

"No one will know that she likes men and women, not if she does this correctly," the Handler said.

AJ shook his head, "No, I've known since she was a kid."