𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝♡︎

"Wait," Y/n said, tapping Five's shoulder as they were about to leave the bar. "Five," she said, pointing at Luther.

Five cleared his throat, walking in front of Luther. "What the hell is wrong with you, Luther?" he said, stopping Luther. "I just told you the world's gonna end in ten days."

"Yeah, we'll, you're always saying that," Luther shrugged, going to go around Five.

"And how many times has he been wrong?" Y/n asked, still leaning up against the bar.

Luther sighed, "Look, you two wanna go save the world? Knock yourselves out, all right? I already got a job."

"Thank you," Y/n said to a waitress as she passed by and Y/n grabbed the glass from the platter the waitress was holding.

"Wait, you work in this shithole?" Five asked, tilting his head.

Luther nodded, "Yeah. Well, my boss owns the place. He paused, "I'm his body man."

"Body man?" Y/n asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What's that? Like a masseuse or something?" Five asked, moving his head.

"Okay, you can make fun all you want," Luther said. Y/n shook her head, putting the glass up to her lips as she started to take a sip from it. "But I take good care of Mr. Ruby." Y/n's eyes widened as she choked on her drink.

She coughed, clearing her throat. "Pardon?"

"Wait, Ruby? The Jack Ruby? The gangster who shot Oswald?" Five asked, glancing at Y/n. She shook her head, putting the glass on the bar counter.

Luther nodded, looking over to Jack Ruby, "Yeah, the one and only."

"Well, it finally happened," Five said, causing Luther to look back at him. "That gorilla DNA has taken over your mind."

"Hey, watch it, all right? Jack's a good friend," Luther said defensively, taking a half a step closer to Five.

"And you're Number One. Número Uno. Remember?" Five said, tilting his head.

"There is no Number One. Not anymore. Not in nineteen sixty-three," Luther said. "Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year." Five scoffed. "What did you expect?"

"I get it, all right? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded, and I marooned your big dumb ass in time."

"Don't forget the whole seeing the Moon blow up," Y/n added, shaking her head slightly. Five nodded to her, putting his hand out as a gesture.

"Therefore, I'm sorry, okay?" Five said, putting his hand out. He sighed. "But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you."

Luther scoffed, "It doesn't need me." He shook his head, "It never did."

"Luther," a waitress said from behind Five. Five sighed, tilting his head slightly, but not looking at the woman. Putting her hand through her hair, Y/n sighed. "Honey, Jack's about it lose it on some half-wit. A little help?"

Five turned his head, looking at Y/n as he put his arms next to were she was leaning. "Ah, shit," Luther said, walking away from the two of them.

"Luther, wait," Five said, going after Luther after the waitress had left.

Luther turned around. "Listen," he said angrily. "You're the genius who said we should jump. Right? You're the one that got us stuck here. And you're the one who brought Vanya. So, if there is a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you."