Waking up Red

((warning: puberty)

Your Pov.

My body is awake before my mind. My eye lids stuck together by dry tears and something didn't feel right. I run for the bathroom and try my best not to slam the doors. Oh, this could not be happening.

Red, great.

The color was every where today, staining my eyes and clothing. What the hell even is a period? I remember Uncle Vernon sometimes yelling out to Petunia about stains when I was way younger, but the subject was taboo in a house where the male gender out numbered the female. I know it eventually had to happen to me, I just didn't expect it so soon.

I don't know if it was from the amount of crying or that, but annoyance and tiredness surrounds my day with a grey fog. I hope to God no one would notice, I go on with my day aimlessly until I hear someone shout, "JUSTIN NO" I snap my head in the direction and there is Hufflepuff boy named Justin in the court yard trying to light one of Lockhart's books on fire as a Hufflepuff girl attempts to stop him. I'm not even thinking when I walk over to them, unprepared completely.

"Justin Finch- Fletchley?" I question and he looks up lowering the lighter.

"Y/n Potter," he replies and for a moment I forgot I was famous.

"I uh, what are you doing exactly?" I question. The Hufflepuff girl quickly barges in,

"He's trying to burn Lockhart's books!" Justin is quick in response.

"If that is his real name," grumbling as he tries sparking the lighter again, the girl smacks it out of his hand.

"He's just upset, because Lockhart has been lying to everyone about his hair. Now he believes that he needs to burn the books he bought." She rolls her eyes. "Oh and you didn't ask, but I'm Susan Bones."

"Um nice to meet you and, well, Justin as much as I support all Pyro related matters. I was wondering if I could talk with you?"

"No one's gonna let me burn it, so yeah alright," he shrugs and waves off Susan as she steals the dropped lighter with the book.

"So, what can I do for you?"

"What do you know about dogs?"

"Pretty much everything, me mum loved animals and works with them a lot so I do too."

"Hagird says you know how to train dogs, do you think the same tricks could work on a wolf?"

"Um, suppose so, I don't see why not. Don't tell me you've got a rapid wild wolf somewhere? I know they said the Potter's are a crazy bunch, but I don't think I can handle that much crazy."

"Ha, yeah, no. Not a wild one," I begin to summon Nix again and I watch Justin's eyes go big.

"Holy guacamole! That's a wolf!" He backs up in a hesitant manner, eyeing  the animal before him.

"Do you think you could train it to sniff something out?" The statement seems to catch his attention.

"To... Sniff out what exactly?"

"Uh, anything really?" Justin rolls his eyes.

"Well I suppose. What is there a bomb on campus or something?" he starts out laughing at his own joke then goes serious, "There isn't a boom is there?"

"No, no, just I want a deeper bond with my familiar and I figured training her would help create that."

Justin nods with my idea and agrees that he'll talk with his mother first to see if she has any suggestions or theories to help us. We decided to wait till the coming Saturday to attempt this domestication/ training of Nix. I was anxious to wait even that amount of time though.

"This is so boring," I mutter in History, my original impression of this class was excitement, but now? LAAAAAME. The temptation to just skip this class is way more appealing than necessary. I searched for a clock desperately, I hate Lockhart, but Defense Against the Dark Arts has become and always been one of my favorite classes. For one reason in particular, Harry being forced to reenact Lockhart's lame book scenes. I find it brings out my fun side after History of Magic and I create new ways to poke fun at him. Today? Chapter "The Wagga Wagga Werewolf" He's gonna have to howl his vocals out today and even better? Tomorrow is our Quidditch Game Vs Slytherin, I couldn't wait to play against Malfoy to prove a point. The amount of training we'd gone through by Wood.

Finally a bell goes off and I rush out of my seat as did the other students, but we are stopped by our Casper of a Teacher, "Wait students"

We all begrudgingly turn back towards him, "You still don't know how the War of Snarfs ended," No one is really curios and some closes to the door I can hear tip toe out.

"We won." He then puts down the book. Very anticlimactic yet extremely in character for that dead man. Maybe he died of boredom and that's why he didn't realize he died? Cause he was always boring.

The entire class was Harry pretending to be werewolf, faking biting and Lockhart praising his howls. I was lucky that Lockhart preferred Harry over me. On my way to take my leave, I over hear Hermione say, "Let's wait till everyone leaves" and my curiosity over takes me.

I can barely hear the conversation from outside the room, but I make out the discussion. Hermione is asking him to sign off on something and Lockhart thinks he's being great. I hear footsteps getting louder and quickly dart down the hall. I shoot a glance around the corner and watch them, I decided to follow in close pursuit. I watch as they enter the library, they want a book? From the restricted section I suppose, but what for? Could this be about The Chamber of Secrets?

I walk in close enough to hear the librarian question them, "Moste Potente Potions? Hmm" Moste Potente Potions the hell kind of title is that? I thought watching her hold the signed note up to the light. She's a very cruel looking woman unlike my last librarian in elementary. I often miss Mrs. Berger.

That didn't matter, what did matter? Getting that book from them and fast.