Venomous Riches

Your Pov.

             Madam Pomfrey welcomed me with pleasantries, "Hello, Miss. Potter. What kind of trouble did you get into this evening?" I let out a nervous laugh as the burning pain in my hand gives a reminder of my night.

"The usual things, scrapped my hand. How are you?"

"Oh I'm just fine. And a scrapped hand? Don't think that'll require any magic. Sit here." She motions to a chair and opens a near by cabinet. She gives a motion to lay my hand on the table and examines the damage of the wall.

"Wow, you said a scrape. This a bit more than that, dear." I realize now I hadn't gotten a good look at it with everything that had gone on tonight. My hand was coated in a mix of brown and red blood, a large gash ran from my pointer finger down to my wrist. It hadn't felt like that when it happened and the burning sensation wasn't there before. "Oh, whoops. Guess I just hadn't noticed."

"Well next time you are hurt, how about you actually look?" She warns with a raised eyebrow and proceeds to pour disinfecting on the spot. I give a hissing sound at the burning pain that mixed with the fizzing noise of what I was assuming hydroperoxide.  She takes cotton to clean off the blood, then she wraps it in a white bandage. I give a testing flex of my hand, wondering if the burning feeling was just the pain.

"Thank you."

"That's what I'm here for dear, make sure you keep an eye on that cut."

"I will." I get up to leave, but am stopped by her.

"Happy Halloween." She smiles at me holding out a small rainbow sucker with a clear wrapper. I raise an eyebrow, it wasn't anything magically appealing to the eye, but I supposed not everything in the Wizarding World needed to be. I took it into my hand and went wide eyed as the colors began to swirl and landed on a (favorite flavor color). She laughs at my reaction, "It's easy to forget you didn't grow up in the Wizarding World." I hummed in agreement.

"Thank you, Ma'am." she sent me away with a wink, I pocketed the sweet exiting the hospital wing. I just wanted to crawl into my bed and fall asleep for a century. I felt exhausted, I wanted to be left alone.

"Oi, Potter." I'll kill him. I'll kill him right now.

"Malfoy." he eyed me up and down as I walk away from him.

"Kind of strange to be in the hospital wing right after this incident. Why were you in there?" Malfoy snarked as he began trailing behind me.

"Why do you need to know?" and why am I indulging you still? I roll my eyes. He grabs my bandaged hand and I let out a surprised yelp at his thumb which pressed into my palm. The grip he had loosened immediately, his lips pressed together in a frown, eyes filled with an unexpected concern.

"You..." he trailed off in his starting statement, uncertainty in his voice.

"Yes?" he looks me in my eyes.

"You got close to it, didn't you?" the statement shocked me, how the hell does he know that?

"I.. I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh, but I think you do." His grip tightened up again and I hold back a painful sound that drowned in my throat. "I saw the way you looked. Your eyes were red and your face was covered in sweat. Judging by your reaction, I'm right. Did it bite you?"

"What? No! Nothing happened to me." he tears the bandaging off my hand and I was shocked at what was underneath. Around the cut my veins ran a dark grey.

"It's been a couple of minutes, what did it do?"

"I don't... It, it unhinged its jaw near me, but I didn't feel it bite me." I give up on trying to hide what had happened, scared at what I saw. He pulls a small vile from his pocket filled with a pearly colored liquid.

"How did you get the cut?" he questioned popping off the cork on the bottle.

"A wall, I cut my hand on a wall," I say flustered in embarrassment. He nodded and began to pour the thick liquid into my hand, while he muttered, "must have dripped into it...". Unlike the hydroperoxide it didn't burn, it fact it felt nice. I watched amazed as the pain vanished as the skin mended itself, closing up the cut. Once it had finished healing, Draco ran his thumb over where the mark once was.

"What is that?" He looked at me confused as I motioned towards the bottle.

"You've never seen Phoenix tears? God, for someone whose so highly talked about in the Wizarding World, you really are dull about it, aren't you?" Annnd welcome back, Malfoy.

"Why did that help.. whatever this was." I questioned further and he bit his lip, everyone seems to be hiding something lately.

"The creature you encountered has a sort of venom and it's the only thing that can cure it."

"Why do you have so much of it? and know so much about it?"

"I'm rich and that's not important. Just be more careful next time," he storms away dramatically leaving me very confused. I'm almost in a dazed like state the whole way back to the girl's dorms. I finished getting ready for bed and laid down into it. I hold up my hand, looking for some kind of sign that everything tonight was real. That there was a cut, that Draco knew I had been infected with venom, that he had a cure for it. I didn't understand anything about it. Just... Why him?

Hermione burst through the dorm room in a rush of chaos, causing me to shoot up from where I was lying down. "Y/n!" she came to my bed side and grabbed my arm which I pulled out of her grip quickly forgetting my hand was no longer hurt.

"What?! What's going on?!"

"We need you in the common room now." She said with urgency causing me to sigh deeply, knowing that somehow this bullshit would catch up and involve me again. Couldn't I just have one normal school year? A year where I could go without dying?

"Okay, okay I'm coming." I follow Hermione down the stairs and to a nearby fireplace where Ron and Harry are. Harry's eyes meet mine and I give a glare at him.

"What did you do this time?"

((Shoutout to @Dreamer_Lover_Broken and @HarryPotterMovieLvr ohh and @Jackie_blue_52 Y'all are chill asf))