Close to Home

Your Pov.
   Something about almost being sent home is terrifying. So where do I go when I need to take a chill pill? The Quiditch Field. I sighed taking a walk around it as I approached the holding room for the brooms. It was old (like everything in the castle), smelled like the field, smoke and dust that most likely collected while we were gone. You see because we're not allowed to do magic outside of school a lot of muggle borns, half bloods, and sometimes pure bloods with less room at home have chosen to leave their brooms here. Sometimes they leave them after they finished school as a way of donating to the school's Quiditch class or to the sport in general and some take them home. This place is where the brooms get left behind. I forgot to mention this is also the place where students come to smoke, drink, have sex, and all the other crimes by school rules.
I took a deep breath letting the smell of the old shed consume my senses. As I walked through each aile, but then saw a note on one.
I furred my eye brows at the note that looked faded and old before grabbing it. It read:

Dear Y/n,

Youre not the only one in love~

Sincerely, Flo

"What?" I looked at the broom, "I have got a magical feeling about this." Raising an eye brow she grabbed the broom. Shutting her eyes, but then a light warm blue glowed on her face. Opening them she saw a great Quiditch game going on, but the angle mainly focused on one girl.
      Her Quiditch skills were undeniably amazing, the way she was able to dodge everyone and chase after the Snitch, within 3 minutes of watching she'd caught it! That's when Y/n was able to get a better look at her. She had black curls that went down to her waist, she was a little taller than y/n so she was most likely older, and she had skin that with her hair made her look like a 21rst century Snow White! She was beautiful and as she descended onto the ground a crowd of people hugged her and hoisted her up. Judging by this she was loved by many. The vison then went over to two boys- a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor. They were talking, but the audio was muffled the best she could make out was sister from the Gryffindor, but she didn't need to hear a thought from the Hufflepuff to know one thing- he loved her, whoever she was. The way he starred at her eyes wide zoned off, it was more obvious than anything. The vison then flashed forward to the library, she was trying to reach a book on a top shelf when suddenly the Hufflepuff walked in- they were in the restricted section. Before either of them had a chance to acknowledge the other the vison switched back to the Quiditch field this time Y/n was actually on it.
"What?! How did I....?" She trailed off before turning around and seeing her- the girl.
"Hello Y/n," she smiled at her and for a second Y/n felt her own heart skip a beat at the girls beauty as she walked gracefully toward her.
"Who are you?" Y/n asked confused by everything then suddenly got hit by déjà vu.
"This isn't my first time being in one of these," Y/n trailed off
"I'm Florence and No it's not." Flo answered to her putting a hand on her shoulder.
"Why does it keep happening?"
"It's not my place to tell you just yet," Flo frowned apologetically.
"What did you come here to tell me?" Flo gave y/n a long stare pausing to make sure she was saying the right thing.
"I came here to remind you."
"Of what?"
"Y/n... where I'm from I'm loved by many, I'm an excellent student, friend and much more, you are the same, so I wanted you to remember one thing I learned from my own love life."
"Whats that?" Flo's image started to flicker as she smiled at y/n.
"The One you love is always the one you lest expect. Also remember to kick ass this year in Quiditch," Flo smirked and Y/n smiled.
"I won't forget." And then she was gone.

Y/n woke up on the ground of the field the blue hue from everything gone. At first she thought she was alone until she looked up and saw-
"Wood?" She asked raising an eyebrow.
"Oh thank god, though you were dead." Wood held out a hand to her, "what the 'elle are you doing out here this late?"
"Could ask you the same thing." She said taking his hand.
"I was setting up for tomorrow's practice when I saw you walking out to the middle of the field and then just drop."
"Oh... sorry for scaring you."
"It's fine," Wood smiled putting an arm around Y/n. Not most realized this, but ever since joining the Quiditch team Y/n saw Wood as an older brother. Not the douche bag kind, the "your boyfriend broke up with you? Let's go get ice-cream then egg his car.' Kind.
Leaning into him Y/n sighed,
"We almost got sent home,"
"What?" Y/n explained everything to Wood as they walked back up to the Castle and he laughed at most of it.
"Then Dumbldor walks in and is like "you shall not send my students home" and that's it."
"Well you know him can't have his Quiditch team go home an' leave Hogwarts," they arrived at the castle it was around 9:30 half an hour before curfew.
"I better head on towards the common room, I'll see ya'"
"Bye Wood!"
As he left Y/n turned her head and saw Draco fucking Malfoy.
"Hey..." she said.
"Hi." He stated coldly, "so you and Wood?"
"No, you and Pansy?"
"God no." They nodded at each other.
"How was your summer..." he trailed off.
"Horrible, yours?"
"Same," he shrugged, "I heard about what happened."
"Oh yeah the flying car..."
"Why are you friends with the Weasley's!" He blurted out.
I was taken aback by this, but instead of shouting at him about how they're good people I took a deep breath and walked over to him sitting down back against the wall.
"The Weasleys are good people. They aren't rich, they aren't the most professional, but they are kind and will take anyone in as family. They don't discriminate anyone, they love everyone as long as said person doesn't hurt their family or friends." I explained and Draco seemed to take each word into account.
"So they treat you like family... that's why."
I nodded, "yes" we looked at each other his Icey grey eyes that were almost a blue starred into mine.
"Draco... you know that I don't think you're a bad person, right?" He seemed shocked by this, but he kept quiet.
"I know... you aren't like most who automatically judge you on your house or family, you judge them by the person they are that's what I like about you." I felt a slight blush as I smiled gently.
"Well it's almost 10, we'd better head back."
"You're right."
We stood up and he went toward the dungeons while I went toward the tower. Two different people who wanted the same thing. Maybe we are a lot a like.

Maybe Flo was right.

This chapter was inspired by Amity written by @_prithadas_ go support give Amity a little love with one of our many favorite Hufflepuffs Newt!!! Join Florence Webster in a romance of a life time, we know Hufflepuffs are good finder but can Newt find his way into this Gryffindors heart? Here's the link!!!

https://my.w.tt/lKL9lz0FGL