Only Takes One Gryffindor

Your Pov

Class was dismissed a while after that and most people went off to tell what the ghost's legends forewarned, I lagged behind slightly so no one would notice me sneaking off to the  Slytherin dormitory. I'm about to exit the classroom when I hear Ron yell, "Get out of here, Malfoy!"

"I have no quarrel with you today, Weasley. I'm here to talk to her,"

"I think you've said enough to her!"

"Ron," Hermione interrupts him and I sneak a peek from the door way as Ron and Hermione stand facing Draco. I lean my head on the wooden frame as Hermione goes on, "What is it you want, Malfoy." I see him take a breath with a look that said this was taking all of his strength to push down his pride- which was likely true. A couple of other Gryffindor students looked at the three with great interest as if the Chamber of Secrets could wait until after the show. Guess no one was planning on finding it in the next five minutes.

"Granger, I'm sorry for saying what I said. It was wrong of me," he started, "In an argument or not, that wasn't cool. I hope you can forgive me for my... insolence." I couldn't see Ron or Hermione's facial expressions, but judging from the way their shoulders shifted they were in some form of shock.

"Well, Malfoy. I appreciate the efforts, but what you said really was crude. I hope you can understand that this will take time for me to accept your apology." She responds respectfully and maturely as she always was in any situation. Draco looks like a fish out of water as he opens his mouth and closes his mouth. I could see the insults on the tip of his lips, but he shut his mouth before speaking again.

"I understand." he nods and the two walk off as others stare on at him. Once those two were out of sight he glanced at everyone starring on.

"What are you losers starring at?!" he shouted at the onlookers who quickly walked off. I exited the classroom fully and walked up to him.

"I saw that," I state and he rolls his eyes.

"It didn't help anything, feels meaningless" he grumbled.

"I disagree," I lean towards his cheek and kiss it. Hopefully a secret that can be kept by the empty hall, "It meant something to me."

I turn to make my way towards his common room leaving him red and shocked.

"You comin?"

"U-uh yeah! Totally!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I recited what the ghost had told us along with my theory I had on the monster and Draco nodded.

"It's a Basilisk," he told me and I look at him confused to which he rolled his eyes. "Giant snake whose gaze kills people."

"But the cat didn't die?"

"The cat probably didn't look it dead on, if you don't look it dead on it will only petrify you."

"We have to tell someone!"

"It's a tad too late for that, don't you think? The chambers been open, no one knows where it is, not even me. The only option they'd have is shutting down Hogwarts and seeing as this monster has been here since the beginning, surviving on god knows what, we cant just wait for it to starve itself."

"We'd all be sent home," I leaned back into the couch.

"I don't think any of us want that."

"So... what do we do?"

"I don't know, you're supposed to be the hero oh great chosen one."

"Watch yourself,"

"Right, sorry. I'm trying to be nice, but its harder than it seems."

"Ohhh yeah," I agreed thinking on all the sarcastic remarks I wish I could have made to a lot of people.

"Honestly, I hate to say it. We might just have to let this play out." Draco suggests half heartedly to which I punch his arm.

"Ow!"

"Never say that, there must be something we can do! Like we could-"

"Find the Chamber of Secrets ourselves, hunt down the monster, kill it, and come back heroes? How about that plan?" he says sarcastically, scoffing at how ridiculous it sounded to him. He looks at me and is greeted by a mischievous grin to which he immediately is displeased by. "No."

"Yes."

"Okay, I get that as a Gryffindor and Potter, you have a bit of a hero complex, but seriously?! Are you daft, scar head?"

"Likely, but can you think of any other plan besides tucking your tail between your legs and running?"

"..."

"Exactly,"

"My father can't know I told you anything or that I helped you in anyway, you understand?"

"No duh, you understand that we cant have anyone knowing about this anyway, we'll have to be as low key as possible." Draco snorts at my statement.

"Oh yeah, because you're so good at not attracting attention." I roll my eyes in response.

"The only attention I seem to be attracting is yours and truthfully Lockhart's so I think I'll survive."

"What is that man's deal?"

"I'm not sure probably some kind of hero complex that's caused his ego to get stroked."

"I'm sure all the girls around him doesn't help that."

"I'm sure then his ego isn't the only thing getting stroked." Our eyes meet in silence before bursting out in laughter. It is immediately interrupted when we hear the door begin to open.

"The match is over already?" I whisper shouted.

"It should only be half way-"

"Draco, you in here?" Crabbe called into the room.

"You're missin the match, mate," Goyle remarked.

"It's just them," he sighed, "They're idiots so no one will believe them if they say anything" he smirks whispering to me and I roll my eyes at the insult towards his goons that he calls friends.

"Yeah, over here," they spot us and quickly glance at each other, taken aback by what they were seeing. The question on their faces as clear as day, What the Hell was Draco doing with a Gryffindor?

"Uh," Goyle started, "Draco, you feelin alright there? You do know whose sitting beside you, yeah?"

Draco rolls his eyes, "Yes, I am well aware."

"I heard from someone you apologized to Granger. Now we find you like this. What are you now like. A Gryffindor or somethin'?" Crabbe interrogates with a scrunched up face. I glance at Draco who glances back at me.

"Seriously what is the deal? You gone soft on these, Losers?"

"I'm not going soft," Draco snapped at the two. "I apologized, because our houses are in competition with each other, but that does not mean I have to be a complete ass. Besides do you really think I want anyone sneaking off and ratting on me? I might as well put a huge sign on my head that says 'give me detention' and by the way, I don't think I need to explain myself truthfully. So there." They looked at each other again and I stared at Draco. He must have been waiting for someone to question him with his long response.

"Alright, well. Are you coming to see the rest of the game?" Goyle asked and Draco shrugged.

"I suppose I should see whose ass I'm going to have to beat over the next few months. Later, Potter. I think you can see yourself out." he walked away with his two goons following close behind. What a brat, but at least he is trying.

Only takes one Gryffindor