If Walls could talk, They wouldn't talk to you

Your Pov.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione rushed into explaining how they were caught up in the incident, dragged into Lockhart's office, and blamed for what happened to the cat. Thankfully, Dumbledore was there to prevent them from taking the wrath of Snape and Filch. Ron went into great detail of how foolish Lockhart acted announcing the cat's death prematurely.

"But before any of that, Harry... he, uh," Hermione started giving him an asking glance, wondering if she should continue in her explanation.

"Have you heard anything recently? A voice of sorts, speaking?" he questioned me in a low voice, scared others would hear him. Okay, I should tell him yes, right? I shake my head 'no'

"No, I haven't heard any voices. Why?" I asked trying to hide the nervousness in my voice. Harry gave a disappointed sigh.

"Nothing, never mind." He shakes his head

"Have you been hearing voices?"

"No!" He claims clearly hiding something. Guess we all are this year... I shifted in my spot.

"So, then why would you ask?" Harry waves a dismissive hand at me.

"No reason, don't worry about it. We just thought you should know what had happened." I nodded slowly and shoot a glance at the clock. Midnight, already?

"Oh, okay. I'm going to go to bed now. Is that alright?" I pointed back towards the dorms and Harry turns his back to me.

"Yeah, yeah. Goodnight."

"Night.." I nodded towards Ron and Hermione, making my way back to my bed. I know I was lying first, but his dismissive attitude hurt. I didn't want to worry him, I suppose this isn't the best way to go about that. Too late now I suppose. I just wanted a normal year and I was going to get that.

New plan, I thought as I laid back in my bed. I was going to hunt down that monster on my own and take care of it before my golden trio could get hurt by it, all I needed was my own small group. And I knew just who to go to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one could shut up about the attack on Mrs. Norris and I felt guilty as I passed by Filch who was roughly scrubbing the message almost on a daily with a purple cleaner. When he wasn't attempting to deep clean out the never leaving message, he would pace around the hall where the attack was.

On my way to Lockhart's class, I watched him pace for a second. I debated stopping to ask how he was doing, but decided against it. The confirming thought was with him throwing his wild accusations towards Harry, I don't think he'd like his sister to ask if he was alright. The man was too bitter for any kind of kindness too. I was about to keep heading to class when I get stopped by him, none the less.

"You! Girl!" Filch shouted at me.

"Y-yes sir?" I answered respectably to him (I didn't raise myself to be a brat).

"You're stepping too loudly! Show some respect!" his eyes were noticeable red from crying and I decided not to argue with the not so mourning, mourning man.

"Sorry, Sir. I'll be more mindful next time," I nodded to him not wanting any trouble and he turned away grumbling about putting everyone in detention. I walk away quietly, mindful of my steps after that. Like I said, a bitter man, but he was still a sort of mourning man.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't stand being in the Gryffindor common room with everything goi on. I was in the middle of a book on mythical beasts when I over heard Ron talking to Ginny, who had been mildly distressed about the attacks. Ron had informed us that she was a great cat lover, assuming her reaction was due to that. It made my insides turn from my knowledge of the real reason she was so upset.