Houses

"Alright so everyone stay here, while I get everyone else in order." Professor Mcgonagall told us.
"Y/n?" I looked at Sydney
"Yeah?"
"Can you do me a favor?"
"Yeah sure what is it?"
"No matter what house were put in we'll be best friends?" I smile at her worried face.
"No matter what we are forever best friends." She smiled until he had to ruin.
"So it's true the Potter twins were on the train." The blond from the robe shop! I'm kinda rethinking about my crush choice... Still cute though.
"This is Crabbe and Goyle, of course you know me Draco Malfoy."
"Get out of here Malfoy." Ron said
"Well well I know who you are; red hair, freckles, hammy-down robes... You must be a Weasly."
He looked at us "Join me if you want some good friends." We looked at each other.
"Thanks, but I think we can tell the good friends from the bad." We both say then go with Ron.
      Malfoy was furious! He was particularly stemming just as Professor Mcgonagall came back.
"Mr. Malfoy would like to join your classmates?" He growled then got back in line.
     "Now their are four houses Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." I gulped at the last one. She made it sound terrible...
"Now you can be put into anyone of them then you will sit down at your house table."
She toke us into a huge dining hall where we saw many older students talking to friends the haven't seen in months. We saw a worn out hat that looked as old as the school itself... Great... The sorting hat is an actual hat!
     "A hat? Man I'm going to kill Fred he said we had to fight a troll..." I almost laughed... Almost. (( Reader-Chan is to cool to laugh 😎))
      The sorting hat cleared its... Throat? And began to speak a poem;
""Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat then me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
Where you'll meet your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)"
We all applauded at his poem as he took a 'bow'. Mcgonagall took out a parchment of paper and started off with names. (I'm going to skip to us since no one cares about the rest honestly)
"Hermione Granger."
She looked freaked out telling herself claiming words.
"Mental that one is..." I heard Ron say to Harry I gave him a glare as he shrunk under my gaze. I looked at Hermione with the sorting hat on we locked eyes and I gave her my usual reassuring smile that actually seemed to clam her a little.
"Ah... I see a lot of knowledge and brains... But bravery too I must make this decision and say...GRYFFINDOR!"
"Ronald Weasly." He was shaking slightly, but tried to be brave and they put the hat on him.
    "Ah... Another Weasly I'll put you where you all go to... GRYFFINDOR!" He smiled and hoped down
"Y/n Potter"
I heard everyone go quit all of them whispering. As I walked up I sat down I felt braver and more pride in me... The hat spoke.
    "Hm... You have brains and loyalty... And a lot of bravery... But I see a nagging want inside... To prove yourself..." I decided to whisper my way out of this.
    "I'm not that smart and Hufflepuff is for extras and Slytherin would have my head the moment I stepped in there so... Yeah... No Slytherin."
"Are you-"
"Yes."
      "Well then better be GRYFFINDOR!" Everyone at Gryffindor cheered very load, but then became quite again knowing Harry was next,
           "Harry Potter."
My brother looked at me and I smiled my usual smile.
    They put the hat on him and Harry bit his lip.
     After them whispering back and forth the hat finally said,
    "GRYFFINDOR!!!" They cheered and cheered for us both as he took a seat next to me across from Ron.
  "Sydney Timmons."
She went up to the stool and sat down.
   They both seemed to whisper to each other for a minute then finally the hat said,
      "SLYTHERIN!" And applaud from Slytherin came as the other houses seemed to clap bored?
   -~ 💫timeskip to the meal by Ron's hungry💫~-
    I was curious about why the houses didn't clap like they did for everyone else... I decided to ask Percy, but Harry was already asking him something.
    "Say Percy who's that?" He asked pointing to a man in black... With black hair... And dark colored eyes... If that doesn't scream troubled childhood I don't know what else does!
    "Him? That's professor Snape... He teaches Potions, but everyone knows he  wants to teach defense against the dark arts... Been after Quirrell's job for years."
I wait a few minutes
"Percy." He looks at me
"Why when someone gets picked for Slytherin do people not cheer for them?Or at least as loud as others?"
"Well... You see Slytherin is where most bad people go like you-know-who was in that house..."
I just nod and go back to eating
'Is that why Sydney said "no matter what house we get put in we'll always be friends?" Did she know?'
"Y/n?" Harry snapped me out of my train of thought.
"Yeah?"
"You've been staring at your cup for a few minutes, what are you doing thinking about potions?" He joked I laughed.
"Actually I'm pretty excited about potions!" He gave me a questionable look.
"Remember when I stole Duddly's IPhone?" He nodded "Well I found a game called Minecraft and then when we were home alone and in his room I found it on his Xbox! And it had potions in it and it was so much fun to make!" Yes we were home alone once and I played it. (If you don't know what Minecraft is, GO LOOK IT UP ITS AMAZING!!!)
"Say where is that phone anyway?"
"Oh I brought with me!"
"Really?!"
"Yeah and the best part! They have a place with wifi near by!"
"How is that even possible?"
"I don't know!"
"Alright time to go!" Percy said leading us out of the dining hall.
"First years stick close the stairs might change on you."
"the stairs move?" I repeated to Harry as we stared up.
"Yep."
We entered the common room
"Alright girls on the left boys on the right, curfew starts at 10 pm your things are in your room good night."
We all ran into our rooms I got a bed next to Hermione! Yay!
"Well Hermione good night!" I say after changing and getting in bed.
"Good night y/n."
((HAPPY NEW YEAR and one of your best friends is in the enemy house!!! What ever shall we do?!? Well that's your problem good night!))