Chapter 10

A/N: Sorry for such a late update!! I am writing this while on my online school! I am trying not to get busted! Anyways, BE PREPARED. If you love Maria, then watch out.

John POV:
Two months later, Peggy and Maria were ready to be discharged from the hospital. We got the all-clear from the doctors, and I drove them home.

Peggy jumped in her bed the second we got inside! "I AM FREEE!" She yelled joyfully. Maria merely sat down. She had not spoken or given any sign she could hear us since she hit her head.

"Let's get you home, hun." Angie said, helping Maria up and leading her out the door, and towards their dorm. I lied next to Peggy on her bed and lightly kissed her. I did not want to hurt her.

She pulled away and smiled at me. I looked over to see Alex snickering quietly in the corner. "What?" I asked him, though I knew the answer. "Nothing." He said, smirking slightly at Pegs before running out. 

I groaned at how much of a child Alex is.  (A/N: GRAMMAR?!) "I HEARD THAT!" He yelled from the kitchen. Me and Peggy laughed, before getting up to go help Alex find something for dinner.

Alex's phone rang. He picked it up. "It's 'Liza. He said, answering it. "Hey babe." He said. "ALEXANDER!" She said. "Thank god you answered. Come to our dorm, quickly. Bring towels." And twitch that, she hung up. "Weird." Peggy said.

We grabbed four towels, and ran over to their dorm. We opened the door, and what we found was horrific.

Maria was laying on the floor, unconscious. Blood was freely flowing out of the now-open wound in her head. Eliza was attempting to stop the flow of blood by holding towels to her head.

Angie was yelling into the phone, and Theo was constantly looking out the window. Theo was also on the phone, but was WAY more calm. "Oh my god." I heard Peggy whisper.

We ran in and passed Eliza the towels. Angie hung up the phone, and rushed over to help. "Ambulance is coming. It's slim hope." Everybody but Maria and Eliza look up at her. "What do you mean, 'slime hope'?" I asked her. I knew the answer.

"You know." She said. "We know." Theo said, then got back onto the phone. Eliza added the know blood-drenched towel to a pile of others, and I handed her a new one. We heard sirens outside. "The ambulance is here." Said Theo weakly.

It was all about after that. Maria was taken into the ambulance, Eliza went with her, and Alex drove behind to meet them at the hospital. I stayed with Pegs, Theo and Angie. We went back to our dorm and met with Laf and Herc. We filled them in on everything happening, and they seemed extremely concerned.

We made plans to go to the hospital in the morning, and called Alex on speakerphone.

He said that they were staying the night to make sure Maria was okay, but that it was "No use. The doctors said they are doing everything they can. She lost to much blood, and needs about five pints to survive surgery." He told us sadly.

Peggy suddenly had an idea. "We will see you in an hour." She said, and hung up the phone. "Get in the car." She told us. We listened. She drove us to the hospital, and we got out.

She marched inside and up to the reception desk. "Hello." She said, and without waiting for a response, said;

"We are here to see Maria Clement Lewis. We would all like to donate a pint of blood for her surgery." The receptionist looked mildly startled, but said "I will be right with you." And walked away. We sat down in the waiting room, a determined look never leaving Peggy's face.

A/N: I AM SO SORRY!