Chapter 16

A/N: Okay, so, my first time writing a wedding. No stress. I hope that I do okay, and that it does not sound completely cringe and awful. Enjoy 😬.

Eliza POV:
"What if-?" I say for the millionth time, before Angie cuts me off. "Elizabeth, listen to me. Nothing is going to go wrong. Your fine." I was sitting on a chair in my bedroom, waiting as Angie and Theo did my hair and Make up. I had been stressing since the morning, and Angie was always there to help me.

"You look beautiful!" Theo squealed. "Like a princess!" I looked in the mirror. I did look beautiful. My hair was done elegantly in a braid with blue flowers. I had a natural make up look, with a touch of blue eyeshadow. Angie teared up. "Angie please don't-." I started, but she was gone. "I'm sorry." She said, wiping her tears.

I heard a knock on the door, and Peggy walked in. "Hey, guys. It's gown time." She said. I nodded. Theo took the dress of of its hanger, and helped me put it on. Angie put a veil on the top of my head. Everyone in the room gasped. "What? Do I look that terrible?" I joked. I caught a glimpse in the mirror, and gasped as well. No words could describe the sensation. I have never felt this pretty.

Maria came in. She smiled. "Betsy, you look amazing." She said. "Thank you." I said. "It's time to start. Alex and John are ready." I took a deep breath in. "Alright." Angie helped fix Peggy's dress, which was slightly rustled from her rushing around the house. Theo handed me a bouquet of White flowers.

I looked down at my hands. The engagement ring that I refused to take of caught my eye. I smiled, and all of my worries went away. Alex wanted to marry me. He asked me. Why would he ever back out?

I heard music, signalling the start of the ceremony. Angie and Thomas walked out first, Angie holding a smaller bouquet of white flowers. Next was Peggy and Laf. Peggy wanted to walk with John, but since he was the best man, he was already at the end. Peggy walked out, holding a single white rose. I didn't  want her to feel left out. Theo and Maria walked out behind them, and then Herc with a basket of flowers. He just had to be the flower girl.

My Mother pat my shoulder, letting me know that I had to walk. I slowly but surly made my way down the aisle. I looked up, and saw Alex smiling. I grinned. When I got to the end of the aisle, Father kissed my hand, handing it to Alex. Me and Alex held  hands, and stared into each other's eyes. I barely heard the vows. All I know was that me and Alex both said "I do."

The next words I heard were "You may kiss." Me and Alex both smiled. "Helpless." I whispered, before our lips locked. Everyone cheered. It was a blue from there. Toasts were made for us, songs were played, we danced, and I threw the bouquet, which Theo caught. I saw her blush and look over at Aaron Burr.

Before I knew it, me and Alex were off to our honeymoon. Everyone cheered as we drove away.

This was certainly the best day of my life.