Chapter 13

John POV:
As I drove home from the jewelry store, I fumbled with the gold and black box hidden in my pocket. Peggy started singing along to the song playing on the radio, oblivious to the fact that I had bought the ring.

What Alex and Peggy did not know was that when I gasped and pointed, it was not for Eliza's ring. It was for the ring next to it. The ring had a gold weaved band, and one diamond. It was quite simple, but it was Peggy.

Me and Peggy were already, sort of, engaged. But I wanted a ring to prove it. What really took the pressure off was the fact that Peggy has already said yes. I was just hoping and praying that she liked the ring, and did not break off the engagement. I smiled to myself.

"What are you smiling at?" Peggy asked, snapping me back to reality. "Oh, nothing. You." I said with a smirk that made her blush.

When we got home, which was currently The Schuyler vacation house until 'Liza and Alex found an apartment, I asked Peggy if she wanted to go for a walk. Alex asked Eliza out. Both girls accepted.

Later that evening, Peggy and me set off for our walk. We chose to walk along the beach. The moon was shining and not a soul was there.

"Hi." I said as we walked. "Hey." She said, smiling at me. Oh gosh, I was nervous. "So..." I said, looking at her. We locked eyes and my heart rate picked up. "Remember a couple years ago, when we technically got engaged?" She laughed. "Yeah. We are still doing that, right? Two years."

"Of course we are still doing that." I said. I took the small box out of my pocket. " I got you something." I handed her the box. She opened it, and tears filled her eyes. "Oh my gosh, it's beautiful." She said. "We need a ring if we are properly engaged." I said.

She hugged me. "I love it." She whispered. "I love you." I said, hugging her back. We pulled apart, and I helped her put it on. We walked back to the house, where Eliza immediately ran towards us. "I got engaged!" Eliza exclaimed. "Me too!" Peggy yelled. The sisters shared a hug, admiring each other's rings.

Me and Alex shared a smile. It was the happiest I have ever seen him.

I could hardly wait two years.

A/N: Ummm... okay? I guess that Peggy and John LIKE romance now. Or not. I don't know that was fun to write. I promise that I will show you guys Peggys ring. Thanks for reading!