Chapter 21

A/N: The hits just keep on coming. Prepare for ANOTHER plot twist. I kinda got this idea from @AlivePringles, so thanks for that. This is a time skip, it had been 6 months since the wedding.

John POV (You guys are probably getting sick of Peggy and John, I'm sorry)

"John." Peggy said. "Yup." I say, rubbing my eyes as I wake up. "My stomach hurts." I sat up, Peggy was clutching her stomach. "You okay?" I asked. I rubbed her back, and she screwed up her face in pain.

"I think I'm going to throw up." She said, running to the bathroom just in time. I held her hair back, and she cried. This was torture for me, and I wanted to cry just seeing Peggy cry. "What time is it?" Peg asked. "3:30." I said, looking at the clock.

"Babe, I'm sorry for waking you up. Let's go back to sleep." Peggy got up and walked back into bed, and I followed her. She lied down and held her stomach.

"Peggy, are you sure your okay?" I asked her. She touched her head, and then her arm. "No." She chuckled. I played with the fingers and metal joints of her prosthetic. "You'll be okay." I said.

Peggy's phone rang. She checked it. "It's Alex." She told me, answering. "Alex what the heck?" I heard Alex screaming nonsense into the phone. "Take it off speaker." I said. Peggy stared at me, laughing a little. "It's not on speaker." She said.

"Alex, it's John. Take a breath, you need oxygen to stay alive."  Alex took a deep breath, and spoke slowly and clearly. "Eliza is giving birth." Peggy screamed, and I yelled. "We are coming." I said, and Alex hung up the phone.

We quickly dressed and got in the car. I drove quickly, and we were at the hospital in less than 20 minutes. "How is she?" Peggy asked, spotting Alex outside of the room. "Surprisingly more calm than I am." He said.

"They are just running some tests before they begin." I nodded, too stunned to talk. "Mr. Hamilton." Said a nurse, coming out of the room. "We are ready to begin. Are you family?" She asked me and Peggy, and Peggy responded. "I'm her sister, and this is my husband." "One moment please." The nurse went inside.

She came back out a moment later. "You may come in." We all went inside. Alex was right, Eliza was unexpectedly calm. Other than a small sweat on her forehead, she looked fine. "How is it?" Alex asked, sitting next to her and grasping her hand. "Awfully painful." She said.

Two day time skip brought to you by baby Phillip.

"How the heck is Eliza STILL giving birth?" I asked Peggy, and she shook her head. "It's part Alex. It was made to be stubborn. This is WAY to stubborn." Peggy said. We were sitting on the chairs outside of Eliza's room, listening to her yells. This was the third day, and the baby was still not out.

Alex came rushing out. "Almost..." he said, before running back in. The door closed behind him, and I checked my watch as Peggy put her ear to the door. We heard a baby cry, and Peggy's face relaxed. I looked at my watch "4.56 AM, Tuesday, January 22."

We walked inside, and Eliza was holding her baby. "It's a boy. Phillip." She said. Alex took the baby in his arms for the first time.

"Phillip you outshine the morning sun. My son."
Alex smiled so wide, a happier smile. This was when Alex was at his happiest.

"Hi baby." Said Peggy, holding Phillip. "I'm aunt Peggy, and this is John." I was confused. "Is the kid not going to call me uncle John or something?"  Peggy smiled at me. "What ever you want." She said.

She handed Phillip back to Eliza, and held her stomach. "You good." I said. "Yeah. I'm fine." She said, but at the same time groaned in pain. "I will be right back." She went to the bathroom and I followed her. She threw up.

"Peggy, we are at a hospital. You should see a doctor." She stopped barfing long enough to say "fine." In a snappish way. "Chill, Pegs. I'm just trying to help you." She started crying. "I'm sorry." She said. "Hey." I said, a bit concerned. "Hey, it's fine." I put a hand on her shoulder.

She finished, and we went to see a doctor. "Hello, how may I help you?" Said the perky woman at the emergency front desk. "Hi, my wife is throwing up and has stomach aches. It's been going on for a few days." She nodded. "Name please?" Peggy held her stomach. "John Laurens- or, wait sorry HER name is Peggy Schuy-Laurens. My name is John. I'm sorry my sister in law just gave birth and I have not slept in a couple day."

"It's fine. Let's take her in." She lead us into a room, and saw Peggy's arm for the first time. She smiled at us. She touched Peggy's stomach, and said "tell me when it hurts."
It hurt every time. 

She asked me to leave the room, and I said "okay." I waited outside the room. Five minutes later, they said I could come back in. The doctor left to run some tests, and I took Peggy's hand. She blushed slightly a bit her lip. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." She hid a smile.

"I just know what the doctor thinks." At that moment, another doctor came in. "Congratulations." He said. "You guys are having a baby."