Part Sixty-Two

Remus sat on the sofa in their cottage nursing a bottle of Brandy

Remus sat on the sofa in their cottage nursing a bottle of Brandy. Bobbie never sent a patronus so he hadn't a clue where she ran off to. He thought about apparating to the Granger residence and then the Burrow, but she clearly didn't want to see him right now. And he couldn't blame her.

It was instances such as this is when Remus missed Sirius the most. He would go to Grimmauld Place and get drunk with his friend who would tell him he was being a foul git and to apologize to Bobbie.

"Cheers my friend," Remus stated, raising the bottle up toward the ceiling. "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

Remus loved Bobbie with every fiber of his being, but he should've seen this argument coming. He knew she'd want children some day, and why shouldn't she? Bobbie was the most caring soul he'd ever encountered and would make an excellent mother. But Remus would make a terrible father.

There wasn't absolute proof, but there was always the chance that he could pass on his werewolf gene to their child. It wasn't a chance he was willing to risk. To bring a child into the world and have them only know pain and misery on it's fathers expense.

Remus chuckled to himself and took another swig from the bottle of spirits. "What the hell am I supposed to do?" He repeated.

__
"What the hell am I supposed to do?" Bobbie asked her aunt desperately. She didn't want to go to her mother with this issue, her and Remus had only been married a few weeks, and she feared what her mother would think.

"I think you should go home and have an actual conversation with him about it," Amelia sighed as she handed her niece a cup of tea.

Bobbie accepted the teacup and stared into the brown liquid it contained. "I tried to have a conversation about it he just kept screaming like an idiot!"

Amelia laughed a bit as she imagined good and calm Remus being all out of sorts. "Imagine the guilt he would live with if he passed the werewolf gene," Amelia reminded her.

"Are we even sure that's possible?" Bobbie sighed, already knowing this was the reason Remus was so terrified. And she couldn't blame him. Part of a parent's responsibility is to protect their child. Remus would hate himself if he doomed the child to a life as a werewolf.

Amelia shrugged. "I think it happened once or twice, but it's quite rare. Ask your sister I'm sure she could give you all the facts."

Bobbie already planned to write to Hermione for advice about the situation, her younger sister always seemed to be years wiser than herself. "What if we don't survive this?"

Amelia moved to sit next to her niece, wrapping an arm around her. "That man worships the ground you walk on. Marriage is all about sacrifices, from both of you."

"And I'm supposed to sacrifice not having children?" Bobbie scoffed.

"That's something, my dear, I cannot answer. Which is why you have to go talk to him."