Part Sixteen

The excitement of the upcoming Yule ball filled the corridors of Hogwarts, everyone scrambling to find a partner to the dance

The excitement of the upcoming Yule ball filled the corridors of Hogwarts, everyone scrambling to find a partner to the dance. Harry had asked Ginny, which was expected. Everyone was waiting for Ron to man up and ask Hermoine, but he had yet to do so.

Bobbie could tell her sister was upset he hadn't asked her yet, and revealed she was turning down many other offers waiting for him. "He's just too chicken to ask the girl he truly likes," Bobbie had told her sister, who smiled in response.

The group was seated in the dining hall for breakfast when the Weasley owl, Errol, staggered in through the window. He dropped the parcel three times before he made it to their table. "That bird is so damn clumsy," George chuckled.

The owl dropped the parcel in front of Ron, which he instantly dug into. He shrieked as he pulled out old fashioned, lacy robes. "Ginny these must be for you," he stated trying to hand them to his younger sister.

"There's no way i'm wearing those," Ginny turned her nose up in distaste.

"I think they're for you Ron, they're traditional men's dress robes," Hermoine said as she further inspected them.

"Did it come with a bonnet?" Harry asked as he looked in the parcel. "Ah, here you go Ronald." Harry handed Ron the bow tie piece of the costume, which was covered in frills.

"I'll look like great aunt Tessy!" Ron said horrified, shoving the robes back into the parcel. "Why didn't you two get any traditional robes?" he asked, looking at the twins.

"We dress ourselves-" George began.

"And we know how to do it properly," Fred finished in a fit of laughs.

"Oh leave the poor lad alone, I think your robes are rather handsome," Bobbie chuckled, shooting Ron a hopeful glance.

He continued to sulk into his oatmeal for the rest of breakfast, hiding the parcel underneath the table. Bobbie knew her mother would send two dresses soon, though both the girls insisted they didn't need new gowns.

Their parents were rather well off, working as what the muggles called dentists. However, they raised humble children who hated accepting extravagant gifts from their parents. Bobbie peered up to the head table and saw Remus already glancing down at her, a smile plastered on his lips.

A blush crept onto her cheeks, and she looked down to focus on her eggs on toast.

***

"I could learn a spell to hem the edges," Bobbie suggested as Remus stood in front of the couch, showing Bobbie his dress robes.

They were terribly overgrown on his skinny figure, and some of the edges were frayed. Remus shook his head and shrugged out of his coat, "It's useless, don't even save a dance for me. I'll look like a peasant next to a queen," he chuckled.

He settled on the couch next to Bobbie and swung her legs so her feet rested in his lap. She noticed that when they were alone together Remus always seemed the need to be touching her in some way at all times. It made her feel wanted.

"I would be honored to dance with the handsome peasant," Bobbie smiled as Remus shifted on the couch to hover over her petite frame.

He dipped down to kiss the girl, and she wound her arms around his neck. She would never get used to kissing her professor, it all seemed too profound. Too perfect. Remus pulled away to kiss at her neck, nipping her in certain spots. Bobbie moaned softly in his ear, and Remus sighed deeply before stepping away from the couch and sitting in his office chair. He slid the chair under his desk to conceal the fuss that was being created in his trousers.

The pair had gone no further than making out, and both had very little self control when it came to one another. Bobbie sat up on the couch, flattening out her hair, attempting to regain her composure.

They met each other's gaze and broke out into fits of laughter. How they managed to stop was beyond them, but Remus busied himself by making them tea. He stayed seated in his office chair, and Bobbie on the couch as they sipped their tea and talked into the odd hours of the evening.

A knock shrilled from the wooden door and both their eyes grew large as Remus whispered for Bobbie to hide under his desk. He pushed his chair in, concealing the girl.

Severus Snape entered the small office, a deep frown plastered to his face. "Having company?" He asked, nodding over to the tea cup that rested on the couch Bobbie sat on moments ago.

"Must've been from earlier," Remus shrugged. His breath caught in his throat as he felt Bobbie's hand reach to rest on his thigh.

"Have you forgotten we are meant to patrol the corridors this evening?" The potions professor asked, raising an eyebrow at Remus.

Remus's breathing quickened and he cleared his throat as Bobbie's fingers trailed further up his thigh. "Of course not, I'll meet you at the Astronomy tower."

Severus stood in the doorway for a moment, looking unimpressed with Remus before turning to exit the office. Remus let out a shaky breath as he rolled away from his desk, looking at Bobbie who had a devilish grin plastered to her lips. "Are you mad?"

"I'm sorry I just wanted to see your reaction," Bobbie laughed as the man helped her from under the desk.

"A minute longer and Snape would've caught us, you're mental," Remus chuckled. "Use the cloaking charm to sneak back to your dormitory, but Snape should be in the opposite direction."

Bobbie pulled Remus by his robes to meet her lips once more. She felt his smile on her lips and she pulled away to sneak back into her room.

***

After lacing up her winter boots, Bobbie joined her friends in the common room. It was her favorite time of year, when the lake just outside of Hogwarts would freeze over and the students would venture to ice skate on it and build snow forts.

"I reckon we could beat Harry and Ron this year," George said as the group made their way outside where the white snow was falling freely to blanket over the campus. The twins, Harry, and Ron had an annual snowball fight each year, though the twins usually lost. The first year was because the twins let them win, last year was on account of Fred's injured shoulder.

Bobbie, El, and Hermione typically ditched the boys to skate on the lake, not having an interest in hearing the twins whine about how Harry and Ron were cheaters.

As the girls were coming upon the lake Bobbie saw Remus making his way toward the students, likely to chaperone the afternoon activities.

A mischievous grin developed on Bobbie's face as she gathered snow into her hands, forming into a ball before throwing it at the professor. He whipped his head to see who was attacking him, smiling as he saw Bobbie was the culprit. "Not fair Granger." He tsked as he bent down toward the fluffy white snow.

Bobbie gasped as the snowball Remus made hit her and she shook her head. "This is war Lupin!" The boys joined her side and they played a fight between the students and the professors, though the professors were grossly outnumbered.

As the snowballs ceased to be launched and the students dissipated back to their own groups, Bobbie made her way over to Remus. "You pitted the entire student body against me," he chuckled as he brushed the snow from his hat.

"You hit me what was I expected to do?" She giggled.

"You started it!" He shook his head in a taunting manner. "Meet me later tonight?"

Bobbie nodded before heading back to her friends, her cheeks red from the cold or Remus she wasn't sure.