Part Forty-Six

Bobbie sighed a breath of relief as she read over her sister's letter once more. She was at St. Mungo's taking her lunch break when Winnie dropped Hermione's letter to her. Dolores Umbridge had left Hogwarts and Dumbledore returned to his position as headmaster. The girl was happy to have one less thing to worry about now that she could safely contact her sister and the others at the castle.

She was doing her best to avoid speaking to Fred, taking shifts at the hospital on the evenings she knew there would be meetings. Bobbie felt extremely guilty ignoring her best friend in this manner, but she was unsure of how to tell him about her and Remus. She feared telling him more than she did her own parents.

"You'll get lines if you keep scrunching your face like that," Camille stated as she plopped at the table with Bobbie, throwing her lunch sack in front of her.

"I know, I know. The world is just a messed up place," Bobbie shrugged as she threw a handful of berries into her mouth.

"At least you have that hot boyfriend of yours to go home to," Camille giggled. Remus had been to the hospital on a few occasions to bring something Bobbie had forgotten or have lunch with the girls.

Bobbie rolled her eyes at her friend, laughing as she remembered the time her friend and boyfriend had first met. The pair chatted about work as they grazed through their lunch before returning to their respective floors and getting to work. They had officially finished their classes and were finally shadowing different healers on each of the floors for the last bit of their training.

The work was thrilling and Bobbie could hardly believe she was perusing her dream that she had since she was a little girl. She met the healer she was shadowing, Beth, and she handed Bobbie their assignments for the afternoon.

"This one may be a bit difficult," Beth reported. Bobbie flipped the pages and drew in a sharp breath as she saw the case she would be taking on. It was a little boy, only ten years old, who was bitten by a werewolf.

As she entered the hospital room she saw the small boy crying as his mother held him in her arms. There was a large bite on the side of his neck, and for a split moment her mind wondered to Remus and when his last transition was.

"I'll kill that damn Greyback myself," a man hissed as he entered the room, stopping when he saw Beth and Bobbie. "My apologies ladies the minister just informed me of the man who changed my son's life forever."

Bobbie instantly felt guilty for thinking Remus could've harmed this little boy as Beth started speaking. "Unfortunately there is no cure for this disease, but we can heal the wound on Oscar's neck." Bobbie cringed as Beth called the condition a disease, but bit her tongue as she was her superior.

Beth allowed Bobbie to take this case as it was an easy fix, letting her know she'd be just down the hall if she needed anything. Oscar's mother laid him on the bed, holding onto his hand as he cried out in pain when Bobbie began her healing. She dropped dittany and powdered silver over the bloody wound before cleaning it up and wrapping it, just as she would for Remus.

She left a few vials of the healing serum with the parents and turned to leave before she heard the boy ask, "Will I be able to return to school with my friends?" Her heart broke he said this, and his parents remained silent, unsure how to respond.

Bobbie moved to pull a seat next to Oscar's bed and took his small hand into hers. "My friend is a werewolf, he was bit by the same man your son was."

"Oh please tell me he is able to lead a normal life," the boy's mother asked Bobbie through tear filled eyes.

"I wont lie to you it's hard, especially in the beginning. But there are ways he can control himself, this doesn't have to ruin his life."

Bobbie spoke with the family for a while longer, telling them everything that she had learned from Remus. She wrote her name down and handed it to the mother, willing her to write to her if she had any questions. The boy's mother jumped from her seat to embrace Bobbie, thanking her.

Thankfully, after that case Bobbie's shift ended and she decided to walk back to her flat, desperately needing the cold air to clear her head. All she could picture as she spoke with that family was Remus as a young boy, terrified of his own self. She could only wish Oscar would find friends as wonderful as Remus had.

As she entered her flat she saw Remus lying on the couch with a book in between his hands. A small smile came to her lips as she lifted his head to rest on her lap and she lowered the book to see what he was reading.

"You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you," Bobbie quoted as she read the title of the book.

Remus closed his worn copy of Pride and Prejudice and sat up, brushing the girl's hair away from her face. "And I never wish to be parted from you from this day on," he finished the quote before leaning in to kiss her lips. It still amazed him that she read muggle books and was a sucker for the classic romances, just like he was. "How was work today my love?"

Bobbie sighed, her face falling at the mention of the hospital. "I took care of a little boy today who was bit by Fenrir Greyback." The room fell silent at the mention of Greyback, and Bobbie wished she hadn't mentioned it as she saw the pain behind Remus's eyes. Her hand reached up to his cheek and she saw the darkness leave his eyes, his honey brown color taking their spot. Bobbie moved to embrace the man, resting her head on his chest. "I'm sorry."

"None of that matters anymore now that I have you," he whispered.

They sat like that a while longer before they got up to start dinner. Remus insisted that Bobbie sat down and rested while he prepared their food, but she stayed right by his side as they chopped vegetables together in her tiny kitchen. Bobbie poured two hefty glasses of wine as she followed Remus to sit on the sofa so they could enjoy their meal and finish the film they started last night.

"Don't fall asleep this time," Bobbie chuckled as he started the picture and Remus rolled his eyes.

They were missing the movie for an entirely different reason as Bobbie straddled Remus's lap after their plates and glasses were emptied. Remus gripped her waist tightly as her hips rocked against the front of his slacks, causing him to draw his head back and moan.

"I guess we'll never finish this film," Remus stated as he slipped his shirt over his head before throwing Bobbie over his shoulder and headed for her bedroom. Bobbie erupted in a fit of giggles, stopping suddenly as she saw a red haired boy disapparate into her living room.

She scurried out of Remus's arms, fixing her hair as her feet hit the floor. "What?" Remus asked as he turned around to see Fred Weasley in the living room with his jaw dropped.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Fred spat.

"Fred-"

"Don't Bobbie! Is this why you've disappeared, because you're sleeping with our old professor?" Fred shouted as Bobbie moved to stand in the living room with him. Remus stayed glued to his spot, unsure of how to handle this situation.

"It's not like that, honest! I have wanted to tell you for so long but I was so afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Fred rolled his eyes.

"Of this, of how you'd react!"

Fred scoffed, running a hand down his face. "I told you I love you, Bobbie, so I do apologize for not rolling out the red carpet for you and a man that's old enough to be your father." Fred moved his eyes to land on Remus, glaring at the man. "Pathetic."

The ginger boy turned to storm out of her flat, Bobbie running after him. He ignored her calls for his name, aparating out of the building. The girl screamed out in frustration before returning to her flat and slamming the door behind her.

Remus reached out for her hand in an attempt to console her, but she pushed past him and ran into the bathroom. He sighed as he heard the bathroom lock, and he slid down the door in defeat.