Part Eighteen

"Quit moving!" El screeched from her spot in front of Bobbie, attempting to do the girl's makeup

"Quit moving!" El screeched from her spot in front of Bobbie, attempting to do the girl's makeup. The day finally came for the Yule ball, and the girls had spent the better part of the day getting themselves ready. They had taken turns doing each other's hair and touching up their makeup. It looked like a tornado had swept through their dorm with the mess they created.

Satisfied with the work they did on themselves, they intertwined arms and excitedly bustled out of their room. The pair made their way to the ballroom and descended down the large staircase. They could see The Weasley twins waiting for them at the bottom, their eyes shining as they saw the beautiful girls gracefully coming down the stairs.

"Good Godric," Fred said aloud and Bobbie stood in front of him. He had always felt strange for the the feelings he harbored for one of his best friends. But in this moment, when she appeared as an angel making her way down  the grand staircase, he could give a damn how bizarre it was to be in love with her.

Bobbie saw Remus near the entrance and the sight of him took her breath away. He looked dashing in his dress robes, and his normally untamed hair was gelled to perfection. She was right in her choice to purchase the robes for him.

The professor stopped shaking the student's hand as he saw Bobbie walking ever so gracefully down the stairs. He had never seen such beauty in his entire existence. She was in an elegant deep red dress that fit her slim figure perfectly. Her porcelain complexion was dusted in makeup that he felt made her look like an angel in the lighting. Remus continued his duties as he broke from his trance when he saw her grab onto Fred Weasley's arm.

The group made their way to the large wooden doors that led into the ballroom and stopped to shake their defense professor's hand. Bobbie looked up at Remus through dark lashes and he gracefully took her hand into his. Though she had been much more intimate with the man, the simple act of their hands fusing together made a blush take over her whole body.

Bobbie wished she could stay and hold onto the man's hand for the entirety of the night, and felt saddened as she felt Fred whisk her further into the ballroom. Ron never did pluck up the courage to ask Hermione to the dance, bringing another girl from their class that Harry had set him up with. Bobbie knew her younger sister was saddened at the fact that Ron didn't ask her, though she concealed it quite well.

Hermione ended up accepting the invitation of a Hufflepuff boy a few years older than her, Cedric Diggory. Bobbie wasn't thrilled about the boy being older than her sister, but what room did she have to judge?

"Care to dance m'lady?" Fred joked, bowing toward his friend and extending his hand to her. Bobbie giggled and accepted his hand and they moved onto the dance floor. A classical song was blaring throughout the room and the pair expertly moved about the room, perfecting the dance McGonagall had taught them in class.

Bobbie heated up as she felt the spotlight on them, and the sea of students parted around them to form a circle. "I guess they're loving us," Bobbie whispered and Fred dipped the girl, smiling at her in response.

The song came to a close and the students clapped for their peers. Bobbie saw professor McGonagall with a large smile plastered on her face, proud of her pupils. "Well who knew you two would steal the show," El laughed as the group found a table to sit at.

"It was all Granger, the crowd loved her," Fred dismissed as he dug into his jelly pastry. Bobbie wondered how the Weasley men didn't eat their mother out of house and home when they all congregated for the summers.

El forced the boys to join them on the dance floor as the music started playing once again. Fred grabbed Bobbie by the waist and drew her near as a slow song overtook the room. Bobbie smiled warmly at her friend before resting her head on his shoulder.

Remus was performing his duty of collecting pumpkin juice into goblets. He heard the slow song blare throughout the ballroom, tugging on his heart strings as he wished he could dance to the beautiful piece of music with the girl he desired most. Putting the chalice down, he turned to scan the room for the alluring blonde girl. A lump formed in his throat as he saw her cozied up to Fred Weasley on the dance floor. Swallowing thickly, he turned away and continued filling the chalices.

The band began to pick up on the music choices, earning cheers from the students. Bobbie danced like a crazy woman with her friends, feeling unbelievably free as her blonde curls bounced about her shoulders. The golden trio joined them, jumping into the air at the fast paced music. Bobbie couldn't remember a time where they had all looked so happy, and though she knew it would not last, she decided to relish in it for the time being.

After a few more songs the group decided to have a rest at their table. The teens breathlessly took their seats, trying to calm themselves from the thrill of the music. Bobbie peered over and saw Remus handing out drinks, and she quietly excused herself.

She saw him facing away from her, bent over the table and she leaned down, her lips mere centimeters away from his ear. "Hey handsome, nice robes," she giggled.

Remus turned and shot her a tight smile, handing her a goblet before returning to his duties. The girl furrowed her brow at him, racking her brain as to why he was acting coldly toward her. "Something wrong?" He simply shook his head, not even bothering to look at her. "Remus, please," she whispered, grabbing his hand on the table.

He cleared his throat before sliding his hand away, returning it to his side. "Not here Bobbie. Go enjoy the rest of the ball."

Bobbie couldn't help but feel upset by his words, wondering what she had done to make him so angry with her. She returned to her group of friends in a much more sour mood than when she had left. Remus hadn't acted like this toward her since he spent all those weeks ignoring her.

As best she could, she pushed the events with Remus from her mind and danced the night away at her last ball. After a good while Bobbie and her friends were the only students left in the ballroom, apart from Neville and his date. She didn't think Neville Longbottom would stop dancing until the term ended.

She saw Remus exiting the ballroom, and she shot her friends an excuse before she slipped out of her heels to run after the professor. "Remus!" she shouted down the dimply lit corridor. She saw him stop in his tracks and she sped to catch up to him. "What is going on?"

He toyed with the bottom of tie, not daring to meet the girl's eye. "You look absolutely exquisite this evening," he finally whispered. Bobbie's heart melted as he said this and she reached to lock her hand with his. "You and the Weasley boy looked so...normal dancing together tonight. It made me realize the only place I can ever dance with you is in my tiny office."

Bobbie's mouth opened to speak, but she quickly forced herself away from Remus as she heard students entering the corridor. Remus bid the girl a goodnight before making his way back to his sleeping quarters.