Part One

"Lumos," the young witch whispered from under her covers as she read through the postcard from the Weasley family once more

"Lumos," the young witch whispered from under her covers as she read through the postcard from the Weasley family once more. They had just returned from Romania after spending the summer there to visit the second eldest boy, Charlie. She smiled as she read through the card, glad to hear from her friends. However, what she was most excited about was the end of summer post card from Weasleys' signified school was about to start. Bittersweet feelings arose in the girl as she pondered what her last year at Hogwarts would entail.

"Bobbie?" she heard a whisper from the threshold of her door. She moved to make room in her bed for her little sister Hermione, already knowing that was exactly what she needed. Her sister wordlessly entered the room and gently crawled into bed.

"Another bad dream?" she asked, to which her little sister simply nodded. A deep frown sat on her face as she put her arms around Hermione. She could hardly believe what her sister, Harry, and Ron had been through and they were only about to start their third year.

Sleep didn't come easy to the witch and before she knew it the sun was shining through her curtains. Hopping out of bed, she quietly trailed to the kitchen to start breakfast. Her father would already be gone to work in the muggle world, her mother typically taking this day off each year to see her children off. Both of her parents were muggles, and they did their best to understand their daughters' world. However, Bobbie typically adapted the role of caretaker while they were off at Hogwarts.

A pit in her stomach grew as she realized Hermione would be alone at Hogwarts after this year. Well not completely alone, she had Ron and Harry of course. The bread popped up from the toaster, pulling Bobbie out of her trance. She spread some jam over the toast before bringing it up to her sister, who was already sitting up awake. Hermoine accepted the breakfast and thanked her sister.

A knock sounded from Bobbie's door a few minutes later and their mother entered, trying to balance three cups of tea in her arms. Bobbie jumped to help before the three Granger women gathered on Bobbie's bed, their mother in the middle.

"Are you girls all packed?" their mother questioned. She knew her mum hated that her only daughters left her for a whole year, excluding the holiday. Bobbie and Hermoine had an elder brother, Jack, who was a muggle as well. He visited often, but he had his own flat near his uni in the muggle world.

Bobbie grabbed her wand and waved it at her trunk, the strewn clothes littering her floor flying into it instantly.

"Just because you're of age to use magic doesn't mean you have to turn into a lazy bum," their mother chuckled as she followed Hermoine out of the room to help pack her trunk.

Bobbie and Hermione would be traveling to the Weasleys' for their tradition of a big feast and sleepover the night before going back to Hogwarts. She smiled at her owl, Winnie, who was perched on top of her dresser. Bobbie collected Winnie into her cage and charmed her trunk to follow her down the stairs.