Part Thirty-Five

"How about Weaslebee Jokes," Bobbie suggested as she handed Fred another box of extendable ears

"How about Weaslebee Jokes," Bobbie suggested as she handed Fred another box of extendable ears. They had finally finished with the renovations and repairs of the twins' shop, now they were filling it full of practical joke objects.

"Boring," George dismissed as he fiddled with the love potions display.

"Fine, I won't help anymore," Bobbie rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"You have turned down every idea she's given," Fred shrugged, placing the box in his arms down.

George chuckled, moving to hop on one of the empty counters. "Look at you defending your future bride."

Bobbie's cheeks turned red at George's statement, and picked up another box to unload. She peered over to see Fred's red ears and a smile plastered onto his lips. The moment was interrupted as Winnie flew through one of the windows, perching on a shelf next to Bobbie.

"Hi girl," Bobbie smiled down at her owl before removing the letter from her beak. The twins gathered around the girl as she announced the letter was from her sister. Her eyes grew as she read the ink her sister had written.

"Merpeople?" George questioned, snatching the letter from Bobbie's fingers.

"Bloody hell this kid can't catch a break," Fred sighed. Harry would have one hour to rescue someone dear to him that was trapped in the black lake, guarded by merpeople.

Bobbie scowled at the twins, wishing there was something she could do to help Harry. It was unfair he was being forced into these competitions.

"We have to go to Hogwarts."

***

Bobbie met the twins in the Burrow, as Molly Weasley had requested that the three friends bring her to the competition. She gathered her bag and the present she had for Harry before they all linked arms and apparated to the castle.

"Oh my it's been years since I've been back at the castle," Molly grinned as she turned in a circle to take in her surroundings.

Fred noticed Bobbie's shivering and shed himself of his coat to wrap it around the girl's shoulders, leaving his arm resting there as they made their way to the rowboats.

They helped Molly into the boat before sliding in as well, Fred and George each taking an ore to row them to the large wooden stands in the middle of the black lake. They stood with Camille, Bobbie's friend from St. Mungo's, as it turns out her cousin Fluer Delacour was competing as well.

"How's he going to stay under water for an entire hour?" George wondered to his friends as they arrived to the stands.

"I'm sure he's found a way," Bobbie consoled the boy. She distractedly roamed the crowds of people in search for her sister. She couldn't see Ron either so she could only hope the two of them were safe and not getting themselves into trouble for once.

The contestants stood by the edge of the platform all jumping into the freezing water. Harry looked like he was struggling a bit against Moody, who shoved him to dive into the water.

They stared at the water, worried that Harry didn't successfully conjure a plan to stay under water for an entire hour. This fear quickly drained away as Harry leapt out of a water doing a grand backflip.

"Are those bloody gills?" Mrs. Weasley gasped.

"Brilliant," Fred smiled.

The entire crowd stood silently for the entirety of the hour, waiting for the first contestant to reveal themselves from the lake. Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang emerged from the water first, looking frozen to bits as they climbed onto the platform.

"Is that your sister?" Fred questioned as Viktor Krum morphed from a shark's head to his own. Bobbie ran down the stairs to the platform her sister was seated upon, a wool blanket draped over her shoulders.

As she reached the lowest levels of the stands her feet raced over to her younger sister and practically threw herself on her. Bobbie shed herself of her coat and wrapped it around Hermione. "You're like ice!"

"I'm fine Bobbie, please," Hermione laughed at her sister's fussing over her.

"Would you like to tell me why you were Viktor Krum's prize possession?" Bobbie smirked.

Hermione's cheek went a deep shade of red and before she could open her mouth to answer Harry Potter rose from the lake with not one but two friends. Ron Weasley was on his left coughing up some water as he gasped for air, a young girl whom Bobbie did not know on his right.

Molly Weasley and the twins sprinted down to embrace Ron, covering him up in the same manner Bobbie had to her sister.

Dumbledore announced that due to the fact that Harry acted so honorably in rescuing Fluer's little sister he had been awarded second place. The Gryffindors we're going absolutely mental, carrying Harry on their shoulders back to the castle to hold a celebration in the common room.

The twins urged that Bobbie stay and party with them but the girl declined her friends' offers, feeling a bit drained from the recent events.

As she walked through the grand courtyard of the castle she saw it once more - the black dog. She looked curiously at it, the dog starting back at her in the same manner. She couldn't help but notice how human-like the dog's expressions were and she raced after it. However, much like at the last competition it disappeared before her own eyes before she could even come close to the stray.