Part Twenty-Five

"Pass that here," El giggled, reaching for the bottle of fire whisky that Fred possessed. The group had taken the evening off from studying, deciding to blow off some steam instead. The twins had said they nicked the bottle from a professor's office, and Bobbie instantaneously recognized it from Lupin's cabinet. He always forgot to lock the damn doors.

"I can't believe we are set to take out N.E.W.Ts in just a weeks time," Bobbie shook her head in disbelief, taking a generous sip from the bottle.

"And I can't believe the twins will be spending an eighth year at Hogwarts!" El laughed, dodging a pillow Fred sent to her head.

"Just you wait, Burton, Freddie and I will score better than both of you combined," George snickered as he snatched the bottle away from Bobbie.

"Hard pressed, as I haven't seen either of you look at a book since first year," Bobbie roared. Fred let out a chuckle before throwing Bobbie over his shoulder, pretending he was about to throw her into the fire.

The group settled back onto the couch and when the bottle was nearly emptied, El decided to turn in for bed and George rose in agreeance. "You guys go on, I'm going to sit by the fire a bit longer," Bobbie said, cradling the bottle of fire whiskey. El laughed at her friend, willing her to use protection if she ended up making love to the bottle of liquor.

Fred decided the stay with Bobbie and they moved to sit on the floor directly in front of the fire, passing the bottle between themselves. "Are you going to forget all about me when we leave this place?" Fred asked with a handsome grin smeared on his lips.

"Oh Freddie you know I could never forget you even if I wanted to," Bobbie chortled.

The ginger teen nudged his friend with his shoulder as a comfortable silence laid over the two like a quilt. Fred peered to his left at the beautiful girl, her features being lit by the amber flames in front of them. Swallowing his last bit of fear, his hand reached to pull Bobbie's face to look at him.

Her mouth parted to say something, but Fred silenced her with a peck to the lips. He pulled away, wanting to gauge his friend's reaction. "I-I'm sorry I have been waiting to do that since the day I met you on the train."

"I...oh Fred I don't know what to say," Bobbie whispered, her eyes fixated on her stripped socks.

"You don't have to say anything. I might not even remember this in the morning," Fred laughed, falling onto his back with a thud.

They heard the door of the common room slam shut, Harry emerging into the area moments later. He peered over to Bobbie and Fred, guilt instantly hitting the young boy's chest like a ton of bricks. "I've got to tell you something..." Harry trailed off as he moved to sit on one of the arm chairs.

"What's happened, did someone hurt you? I swear to mer-"

"I've lost the map," Harry stated, finally gaining Fred's attention as he shot up to a sitting position.

"How the hell do you lose a map that contains every single person's whereabouts in this school." Fred shook his head. The Marauders map had been his and George's pride and joy the past few years since they stole it from Filch.

"Well I didn't exactly lose it so much as have it confiscated from me. I-I was just using it to walk about the corridors for a bit, I swear! But then I ran into Snape and I thought for sure he'd set me in detention until the year ended, but then Lupin came and-"

"Wait, professor Lupin was there as well?" The girl asked. The mere mention of his name made her heart ache in her chest, still not certain how she was meant to come to terms with the fact she was not his.

"Yeah, he totally covered for me to Snape but then he got super angry with me about the map. He says he's keeping it and that he won't bend the rules for me again," Harry reported.

Bobbie struggled to listen to the boy's words as she held a battle within her brain to stop herself from going to search the corridors for her defense professor. The full moon wouldn't be for weeks, she wondered what he was doing up so late.

She thought back to the night her professor had snuck into her common room to steal a bit of chocolates, and how he had discovered her with the map. Why was he suddenly so interested in it now?

"He said I'm pissing all over my parents' sacrifice for me," Harry stated softly as he sat next to Bobbie on the floor.

The girl brushed through Harry's hair and forced his head up. "He's just worried about Black." She couldn't imagine what Remus had gone through the night Voldemort claimed two of his closest friends' lives.

They two seventh years sat with Harry for a bit longer, consoling him before they all decided to turn in for bed. It was becoming quite late and if Snape was on patrol that evening he would most certainly be making rounds to the common rooms.

"Bobbie about earlier..." Fred trailed after Harry had left for his own dormitory.

"Get some rest Freddie," the girl smiled before racing up the stairs toward her room. She hoped in the morning they both would simply forget about the night's events, though she knew it would be unlikely.