Part Thirty-Eight

El and the twins met Bobbie at her flat before they all apparated to 12 Grimmauld place together

El and the twins met Bobbie at her flat before they all apparated to 12 Grimmauld place together. El had missed the first meeting due to her training, but her teacher, Alaster Moody, had let her have the afternoon off so she could listen in to the meeting.

It was an interesting event for the twins and Bobbie trying to explain to their friend that Sirius Black was an innocent man. Fred suggested they didn't tell her and allow her to just walk into the house and see Sirius Black sitting there. Bobbie almost agreed, wanting to see how her friend would react. However, she feared with El's Auror training she would be quick to hex the bloody hell out of Sirius.

Bobbie and Sirius had developed some sort of bond, and Sirius enjoyed the way it drove his friend mad, as Bobbie hadn't spoken to Remus apart from Order business. The group made their way into the house, seeing at least ten feathered dusters moving about the room.

"Mum's doing no doubt," Fred mumbled as he pushed through the door to the dining area.

"Granger!" Sirius shouted as he rose from his chair. Bobbie smiled as her friend rushed over to her, pulling her into a hug. A frown quickly replaced the smile on her lips as she saw Remus and Tonks seated next to each other, deep in conversation.

"Hey Snuffles," Bobbie giggled as she patted Sirius's long black hair. Sirius had told her and the twins about his Animagi form and transformed into his black dog figure for them at the last meeting. She recalled how surprised she was to learn he was the dog she had seen on several occasion at Hogwarts. Sirius stated he couldn't bare to miss Harry's accomplishments in the tournament, and he hadn't missed a single event. Bobbie decided that he needed a code name while in his transformation, and deemed Snuffles as a perfect fit.

"I think we should reconsider my nickname," Sirius laughed as they went to sit at the table and join the other members. Bobbie shook her head, informing him Snuffles was stuck for good.

"Sirius, this is my friend from Hogwarts, El Burton," she introduced her two friends. El cautiously shook Sirius's hand, not being able to rid the image of him screaming on the front of The Daily Prophet from her mind.

"He's innocent," Bobbie reminded her friend quietly as they sat down with the twins.

"I know, I'm sorry. The majority of my training has been focused on catching this man, and here I am sitting with him enjoying a cup of tea. It's strange is all," El shrugged as she poured some creamer into her teacup.

Bobbie nodded, letting her friend know she understood her perspective of the situation. She was sure Sirius would win El over in no time, he had a certain loveable personality that was hard to resist.

"Hi," Remus spoke from his spot at the table across from Bobbie. She looked between Remus and Tonks and shot him a small smile before turning to talk to Fred. She didn't want Remus to see that she had any feelings toward him speaking with Tonks. Tonks was much more age appropriate for him and he was a single man, if he wanted to start a new relationship with someone he had every right to do so.