Part Fifteen

Bobbie sat with El and the twins as Professor McGonagall stood in the middle of the large empty classroom

Bobbie sat with El and the twins as Professor McGonagall stood in the middle of the large empty classroom. "The Yule ball is tradition to be held for the students just before Christmas holiday," the professor stated, elated to have the ball coming so close.

The ball had been cancelled last year, due to the Chamber of Secrets opening, and Bobbie could only pray nothing would stop the ball for her final year.

The professor instructed Ron to stand before the classroom and demonstrate the dance she would be teaching for the day. "Grab my waist Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said.

"Your what?" the ginger boy asked, horrified. The professor grabbed his hands and wrapped them around her waist before they began to waltz. The class erupted into laughter as Ron danced around gracefully with the professor. Harry leaned in between the twins and chuckled, "You'll never let him live this down, will you?"

"Nope!" the twins laughed at the same time.

The professor instructed both sides of the room to find a partner, and Fred instantly moved in front of Bobbie. She grinned and grabbed her friend's hands as they began to glide about the room.

Bobbie laughed as she looked over and saw George stepping all over El's toes. "Honestly Georgie, have you never danced a day in your damn life?"

"You're quite good at this," Bobbie admired as Fred dipped her.

"Good enough to escort you to the ball?" Fred winked.

Bobbie giggled and nodded, "I suppose there are worse dance partners." The pair continued to glide about the room, listening to Mcgonagall's pointers to improve.

Bobbie laughed as she saw El sulking in her seat, George sitting silently next to her. "No fair you're going to the dance with the twin that can actually dance."

"Who said I was going to ask you to the ball?" George teased, sticking his tongue out at his friend.

El huffed and stood from her seat, "Fine. I'm off to find a partner than can actually move without trampling my toes."

George moved from his seat onto his knees, grasping onto El's hand. "Eleanor Beatrice Burton, would you do me the extreme honor of accompanying me to the Yule Ball?" El rolled her eyes, but accepted the ginger boy's apology, returning to her seat next to him.

***

After supper was finished, Bobbie excused herself from her friends, saying she wanted to read in the library for a bit. She aimlessly wondered to the North Tower to find Remus hunched over his desk, marking papers. He had asked her to meet him in his office later that evening so they could discuss certain details. How they were meant to see each other without raising suspicion being one of them.

"I'm not sure how blood was coming out of those wounds the other night, when you're clearly made up of tea," Bobbie giggled, nodding toward the three empty mugs surrounding Remus.

He looked up from his essays and smiled at the beautiful girl standing in his doorway. She entered the small office and turned to lock his door. Remus ran a hand through his brown locks as Bobbie made her way over to his chair, plopping into his lap.

She drew him in for a long kiss, basking in his scent. "I missed you," he whispered into her lips, before connecting them once more. His large hand cupped her cheek, his thumb running along her jaw.

"Trust me I would've rather spent the day with you than learning Yule ball dances from Minnie," Bobbie rolled her eyes.

"Minnie?" Remus furrowed his brow.

"Minerva McGonagall." Bobbie chucked in a "duh" tone.

"Ah I see. Care to show me some of your moves?" Remus asked as he moved the girl off his lap to fiddle with the record player in the corner of the office.

Bobbie shook her head furiously, "Absolutely not."

Soft music omitted from the record player and Remus began to obnoxiously dance in a circle around Bobbie. She drew her hand to her mouth to her hide her laugh as the man pranced around the room. "Come on, don't let me look foolish alone."

Bobbie accepted Remus's outstretched hand, and he twirled her into his chest. He unwound her, placing his left hand into her own, and his right rested on her waist.

They glided about the room, staring into each other's eyes. She still couldn't believe how tall he was, she had to stand on her tip toes to reach his lips. Remus dipped the girl so he could deepen the kiss before turning them right side up.

"Not half bad, Lupin, guess I'll have to save you a dance at the ball."

Remus chuckled as the pair held each other, slowly swaying to the music. "I hardly think Minnie would approve of me whisking you around on the dance floor."

"Screw her, she clearly doesn't know how it feels to be in your arms," Bobbie sighed happily, reaching to peck his cheek.

"No I can't say she does, and I hope I'm never able to say that," Remus shuttered at the thought. He smiled contently down at the girl, who's head was laid upon his chest.

Remus kissed the top of her head before resting his chin there. In moments like these he wished he could stay frozen in time, and little did he know Bobbie was thinking the exact same thing.