Part Thirty-Four

"Dragons? You've got to be joking!" Bobbie sighed as she accepted the tea mug filled with whiskey from George

"That's what Charlie said," Fred nodded as he took a generous sip of his mug.

"How the hell is Harry supposed to fight off a dragon," El gasped. She had been extremely busy with her Auror work, but when she heard what was happening to Harry she could hardly stay away.

Bobbie stared down at the amber liquid that filled her mug, feeling sick to her stomach. The four friends were all spread around Bobbie's flat, meeting there once she was finished with her classes. "I guess we'll find out tomorrow," Bobbie said, downing the whiskey in her mug.

The four of them were traveling to Hogwarts in the morning to watch the first match, just like Bobbie had promised Harry. "There's talk about traitors within the ministry," El said, changing the subject.

"Traitors?" George questioned, the quill he was levitating falling back onto the coffee table as he broke his trance.

"Some people think certain wizards know where Sirius Black is and they're trying to throw us off course," El reported, pouring more whiskey into her mug.

"Why would they want to help a murderer?" Fred asked in disbelief. Bobbie did her best to stay silent as they talked about Black, feeling guilty about seeing him.

She knew it would be smart to have reported what she saw and turn him in. But she believed in his innocence, and Harry needed him.

As the bottle of whiskey dwindled down, the group decided to turn into bed wherever they could find a spot in Bobbie's small flat.

***

Bobbie felt a surge of happiness as she arrived at Hogwarts with her friends. Though she had been here with the twins recently to speak with Dumbledore, she had missed how it felt to walk about the castle. It felt secure, it felt like home.

The group made their way to the arena where the first event would take place, the stands already nearly being filled. "Will you stop eating, Harry is about to fight a bloody dragon," Bobbie scoffed, snatching the bag of popcorn from Fred's hands.

"You know I eat when I'm nervous," he scowled, trying to steal his popcorn back.

"There's not a single emotion where you don't eat," El laughed, shoving Fred's side.

The booming echo of Dumbledore's voice hushed the friends as he introduced the first event to the crowd. The stands went wild as he announced the contestants would be fighting off a dragon to procure a golden egg, which held clues for the next task.

Bobbie rolled eyes, hardly believing the crowd could cheer for something so awful. Time passed quickly, three of the competitors successfully claiming their golden egg. The only one left to step into the arena was Harry Potter.

The black haired boy cautiously entered the stone arena with his wand raised. The entire stadium was absolutely silent, watching Potter's every move. Bobbie yelped and squeezed onto Fred's hand as an enormous dragon appeared seemingly out of nowhere, breathing fire at the fourth year.

Harry attempted to hide from the beat, but it pushed him down and he tumbled down into a pile of stones. "Your wand, Harry!" Hermoine screamed from her place in front of Bobbie.

Bobbie peered down to see Hermoine gripping onto Ron's coat for dear life. She would have smiled if one of her friends wasn't about to get charred to bits by a dragon. Harry's firebolt flew over the crowd and he hopped onto it, the crowd going absolutely mental.

He flew out of the arena's eyesight, the dragon breaking loose of it's chains and flying hot on the boy's trail. "He's doomed," George sighed, running his hand down his face.

Hermoine whipped around in her spot, glaring at the ginger boys. "Watch your tongue! Harry will be back any minute."

Silence again met the crowd as they all looked to the sky for a trace of the boy. Bobbie could hear her heart pounding in her ears as she willed Harry to return safely.

"Bobbie..." Fred trailed after a few more minutes of Potter not returning to the arena.

The girl hushed her friend, as Harry flew over the crowd with no dragon tailing him and he snatched the golden egg from the ground.

"I told you! I told you he'd come back," Hermione cheered along with the rest of the arena. Harry held the egg up proudly before kissing it, causing Bobbie to chuckle. He was alright.

As the group made their way out of the stands to head back to the Gryffindor common room to celebrate Harry, Bobbie saw the same stray black dog she had seen all those months ago at Hogwarts. She sped up, attempting to reach the dog but he was gone in a flash right before her very eyes. How strange.