Part Thirty-Six

Bobbie felt sick with worry as she folded linens in the laundry room of the hospital

Bobbie felt sick with worry as she folded linens in the laundry room of the hospital. She couldn't even use her wand to finish the pile of sheets, needing to keep her hands busy.

It was the day of the last tournament, and Bobbie had to work at the hospital. Hermoine had written to tell her the final event was a maze to find the Tri Wizard cup. It seemed like a walk in the park compared to the tasks Harry had already completed, but Bobbie had a strange feeling about the event.

"You'll get blisters whipping those sheets around like that," Camille laughed, reaching to stop her friends frantic hands. "You're worried about Potter."

Camille had gone to school Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, which was also competing in the tournament. Her cousin, Fleur, was one of the witches competing so she knew how horrifying the situation was.

Bobbie pushed some of the fitted sheets toward her friend. "I'm sure you need the distraction as well."

Camille smiled as she moved to stand with Bobbie and the two busied themselves with folding the clean white linens.

The pair were bursting at the seams with laughter, nearly forgetting the events unfolding at Hogwarts until an orderly burst through the doors of the laundry room. "We've just received an owl. The Dark Lord is back!"

Bobbie struggled to find her breath as Camille went to take the parchment from the orderly. "Bobbie that's not all...a student is dead," she said as she dropped the parchment to her feet. Bobbie dove to her feet, grabbing onto her friend's arm before they were gone in a flash.

The girls were faced with the dark castle and they heard screams coming from the arena behind the school. Bobbie grabbed onto her friend's hand as they sprinted toward the shouting. Camille found her cousin and Bobbie parted from her, saying she had to find her sister. Students were crying all around her, making her heart race even more.

"Hermione who was it? Who died!" Bobbie shouted as she grabbed onto her sister, preparing herself for the worst.

"Cedric Diggory," her sister cried out, tightening her grip on Bobbie. Though it was terrible to do so, Bobbie let out a sigh of relief. She thought Harry was the one who lost his life to the Dark Lord.

"That's awful," she whispered into her little sister's curls. She knew the Diggory family from the World Cup, and her heart broke as she heads Amos Diggory crying out over his boy's body. Ron ran over to the girls, wrapping his arms around Hermione.

Bobbie walked the two fourth years back to their dormitories, wanting to ensure their safety. Hermione grabbed onto her sister's hand and pulled her into bed with her. "Don't leave," she whispered and Bobbie nodded before circling her arms around her little sister.

Bobbie held onto Hermione tightly, fearing what would happen to her if she were to let go. Would these kids ever get a quiet school year? Once she heard small snores omitting from 'Miones lips, Bobbie gently released her grasp on her sister.