Part Forty-Seven

Fred hadn't spoken to Bobbie since he saw her and their former defense professor together in her flat. He had been skipping out on meetings, sending his twin brother instead. Bobbie felt extremely guilty as George was acting cold toward her as well, though he hadn't admitted that he knew about her secret relationship. Remus did anything he could to take the girl's mind off her friend, but his efforts often failed as she wanted to be left alone.

Bobbie stayed silent as Kingsley read a letter from Dumbledore and Snape about what was going on at Hogwarts. Term would be ending soon and they requested the twins and Bobbie be there to pick up Harry, Ron, and Hermione for their safety. Bobbie peered over to George who was seated a few chairs down from her, however his gaze remained glued to the table.

"Are you fighting with the twins?" El whispered from her place next to Bobbie. She had just returned from a retreat for her Auror training, though she had been receiving updates from Moody about the events of the Order.

Bobbie sighed and shrugged at her friend before turning to listen to the other key points of the meeting. Remus's eyes were fixated on Bobbie, who was seated across from him for the entire meeting. He wished she wouldn't freeze him out like this, he would do anything he could to help her process her feelings.

"You alright, you're looking a bit tense," Tonks said to Remus as the meeting ended.

Remus peered to the girl next to him and nodded. "Full moon." That was all he needed to say for the woman to understand, though it was much more than what he led on. He saw Bobbie move to speak with George, and he decided to busy himself with helping Mrs. Weasley pour the drinks.

"I was hoping we could talk Georgie," Bobbie whispered to her friend who was seated alone in a loveseat by the fire.

George sighed, placing his goblet on the table before meeting the girl's eye. "I think you broke my brother."

Bobbie frowned as she sat on the armrest of the loveseat. "I never meant to hurt him, that's the last thing I ever wanted. He wasn't meant to find out that way." She knew Fred would tell his twin about her and Remus and she couldn't fault him for it, not wanting him to deal with this on his own.

"I know you didn't mean to hurt him," George shrugged, placing a hand on his friend's knee. "I have to admit I've known about you and the professor for a long while," The boy stated, breaking the silence between the two friends. Bobbie's eyes grew wide at him, asking him to elaborate. "I wasn't sure if you were still seeing each other, but I saw you on the map in his office really late one night."

Bobbie sighed. "It just sort of...happened."

"You love him?" he asked.

The girl nodded looking over to Remus who was talking with Sirius at the table. "He's it for me George."

George shifted to hug his friend, apologizing for being unkind to her recently. Bobbie understood, she would never expect him to take anyone's side other than his twin brother. She thought back to their days at Hogwarts and how Fred was right by George's side when he looked into the Mirror of Erised. She would never dream of coming in between those boys, though she did appreciate George's understanding. "Freddie will come around, just give him time to lick his wounds."

El brought a chalice of butterbeer for her two friends, sitting on the other armrest of the loveseat George resided on. "So what have I missed?"

Bobbie and George looked at each other before erupting into a fit of laughter. Their laughs subsided as they saw Fred enter the room, glaring at Remus from the doorway. Remus shifted uncomfortably under the boy's gaze and Molly looked curiously between Remus and her son.