Part Fifty

Fred had finally started coming to the meetings once more, but hardly even looked in Bobbie's direction. She kept her distance, wanting to respect her friend's wishes, but it was killing her not being able to laugh and joke with him at the table.

Tensions had been high the entire meeting, the members arguing over what their next steps should be.

"We should just attack," Sirius stated, hitting his hand on the table with each word he spoke.

"With what army? We know from tailing Death Eaters they've got hundreds of more bodies than we do," Elphias Doge dismissed, taking a puff of his cigar.

"We're sitting here like waiting ducks!" Tonks sighed, running a hand through her bubblegum pink hair.

Several arguments arose all around the table, the entire room being filled with the members' shouting. Kingsley finally spoke up, saying this was helping no one and they still needed to dish out missions for the evening.

"Fred and Bobbie you two can travel to Malfoy Manor and use invisibility charms to listen in on their meeting. I have news it'll take place tomorrow at nightfall," Kingsley stated.

"Absolutely not, if they're spotted they will be killed!" Mrs. Weasley shouted, shaking her head.

"They're not children mum," Bill Weasley reminded her.

"It doesn't matter I'm not going on a mission with Bobbie," Fred stated as he crossed his arms.

The Order members looked curiously between the two. Bobbie was pleading Fred to meet her eye, but his gaze remained fixated on the plate of food in front of him.

"Well then who will go with Bobbie?" Kingsley asked.

"How about Remus? Maybe you can steal an actual ring for your bride from the Malfoy's," Fred spat, looking up to glare at Remus.

"Fred..." George whispered from beside his brother. The boy ignored the pleas for his name, storming out of the room instead, George trailing behind him. He sent a quick apologetic look toward Bobbie before chasing after his brother.

The room was silent, everyone unsure of the events that just unfolded. "I didn't know you were seeing anyone Remus," Mrs. Weasley spoke to break the tension.

Remus peered to Bobbie who was sitting next to him and took her hand into his, earning a few gasps from around the table. "Bobbie and I we've...been together for quite some time."

"I don't believe this," Mrs. Weasley shook her head, her hands covering her mouth in disbelief.

"We're getting married, though we're not sure when yet," Bobbie spoke.

"Th-this cannot happen! He's a werewolf, Bobbie, do you know what that will do to your life?" Molly said looking between the pair.

Bobbie scowled at Mrs. Weasley, she figured that the mother would be the most accepting of their relationship. She understood it was a lot to process, but she never would've imagined Molly to be prejudice toward Remus, a man she had known since he was just a boy. "Alright that's enough there's no need to speak ill of Remus," Sirius stated.

"There is when he plans to marry a girl whom I consider to be one of my own children! A girl who is half his age keep in mind," Mrs. Weasley scoffed. "You're going to throw your life away."

Bobbie saw Remus's head fall and he removed his hand from hers, placing it on his lap. "This is why we didn't tell anyone, I love you Mrs. W but you're wrong."

"Mum, Fluer is younger than me," Bill Weasley offered some of his support for his friends.

"By five years, Bill! Remus is closer to my age than he is to Bobbie's," she shouted waving her hand between the two.

Bobbie had enough and rose from her seat, extending her hand out for her fiancé. She realized it would be quite a shock to learn of their relationship, but this wasn't at all how she pictured the Order finding out.

The couple left the room without another word to anyone, walking hand in hand through the narrow corridor. "Bobbie, Remus!" The pair turned to see Bill Weasley entering the corridor. "I just wanted to say how sorry I am, you know...about my mum. She doesn't truly think that about you Remus I-"

"It's okay Bill, honest," Remus smiled at the ginger boy. Bill shot them his pearly smile before joining the Order back in the dining area. "Let's get out of here, please."

Bobbie heard how hurt Remus sounded when he spoke so she wasted no time in grabbing onto his arm and apparating them back to their cottage.

***

Bobbie held Remus's hand loosely in her own as they walked into the crowded muggle pub near her parents' home. Her heart sank as she saw her father sitting at a table top looking over the paper menu. She had asked her mum and dad to meet them at the pub, and she should've better prepared herself for her mother not showing up.

As Mr. Granger saw his daughter he jumped from his seat to embrace her before shaking Remus's hand. "I've missed you so much my dear, sit please."

Remus pulled out the seat across from her father for Bobbie before sliding into the wooden stool next to her. "Mum didn't want to come?" The girl whispered, focusing on her hands that were clasped on top of the table.

"I'm so sorry my sweet. She just needs time." Her father sighed. Bobbie chuckled dryly to herself, sick of everyone in her life needing time away from her. It had been months since she had spoken to her mother and she missed her terribly, but she wouldn't be the one apologizing. She wouldn't be sorry for falling in love with a wonderful man, no matter the reasons she shouldn't have.

Bobbie quickly changed the subject asking her father about his work and how her older brother was doing. They had written back and forth a few times to each other, the siblings both being caught up in their own lives. She loved how her father included Remus in the conversation, asking more about him. "I'd love to meet your parents, they've seemed to raise a wonderful young man."

Remus cleared his throat awkwardly before excusing himself to the restroom. "His mother is dead and he doesn't speak to his father," Bobbie sighed.

"I had no idea, I didn't mean to offend," her father stated. Bobbie smiled up at her dad, letting him know she appreciated the efforts he was making.

"We're getting married," Bobbie blurted out, studying her father's reaction.

His face was neural for a moment before a large grin made its way across his face. "Well that's wonderful news, when should we start planning the festivities? You must wait until 'Mione gets back from school."

Bobbie giggled as her father rambled on. "Daddy we haven't worked out any of the details yet, we're just trying to survive telling others about us."

"Well you two have got my blessing," Mr. Granger stated proudly as Remus rejoined the table.

"Thank you, sir. I can promise you I will do everything in my power to give your daughter the life she deserves," Remus said as he grabbed onto Bobbie's hand.

"I trust you will," her father smiled. "I know you have magical powers, but I can still kick your ass if need be."

"Dad!" Bobbie gasped.

"I'm only kidding," Mr. Granger laughed, stopping for a moment to shoot Remus a serious look.

They stayed seated at their table in the muggle pub for a good while before deciding to head out. Mr. Granger hugged his daughter tightly, pulling away to shake Remus's hand.

"He took that rather well," Remus noted as they walked away from the muggle pub toward their home.

"My mum..." Bobbie trailed off.

"She'll come around." Remus spoke as if he were trying to convince the both of them.

"And if she doesn't?"

There was a pause between the pair as they walked through the busy streets of London. "Let's just stay positive alright?" He said as he wrapped an arm around the girl, pulling her into his side.

They remained like that, him holding her, the entirety of their travel home. And for the first time in a long while Bobbie felt totally at peace in her fiancé's arms.